Firm Favorite: Benefit's Boxed Blush in "Rockateur"

Sunday, July 27, 2014


 

If you tuned into any beauty guru's channel this past Fall, there's a good chance you saw this little boxed blush crop up at least once.  It made its rounds on YouTube and received a lot of initial love from plenty of people, however the buzz seems to have died back quite a bit since.

Well I'm here to make some more noise about it.  This blush completely blew me away with its subtle shimmer, its ability to wake up my face, and the healthy sheen it leaves behind.  As you can see above, a light application leaves more of a highlighty sheen than any huge color payoff.  This is definitely a blush for girls who are scared of blush, as it's almost impossible to overdo it with this one, although a more flushed look can be achieved if you build it up (see last picture).  It's delicate, it's glowy and its not over-the-top which is about all that I can handle in a blush.  In fact, if applied in a strategic way, it almost looks like a natural flush!  Win.  And the smell.  THE SMELL.  It's gooood.  This was one of those products that I was initially just sort of meh about, but I inexplicably just kept using it every day, and now if I don't use it for a day I miss it.  We've all been there, right?

But back to the review, so as I said the product itself is gorgeous, however I have to admit the packaging is a bit tacky.  I never really got the boxed blush thing, to be honest.  The box makes it a bit awkward to use as it can be hard to fit the whole brush inside, however having your blush in a box means that you'll never lose product due to fall-out, and the actual blush is less likely to shatter while traveling because it's well cushioned.  So I guess I can't really fault the box.  Doesn't mean I don't still think it's weird though.

Anyway, that's enough from me.  Have you tried this blush?  I'd love to know your thoughts on it!  Do you have a favorite blush?

Other products used:
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation in 53 Light Beige
MAC Pro Longwear concealer in NC30 (under eyes/highlighting areas)
MAC e/s in Myestery (brows)
Laura Mercier illuminating eye color in Pearl Fantasy
Eyeko Skinny liquid eyeliner in Black
L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Noir Excess in Extra Black
Nails: Bourjois 1 Seconde nail polish in Turquoise Block

4 comments:

  1. This and Dallas are the only Benefit Box Blushes that really catch my eye. Looks lovely on you :)

    Sam xo sjmcdf

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been on my list since it came out and you just made me want it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I need this, I've hardly been disappointed by any Benefit blush (with the exception of Coralista which just didn't do it for me) so I'm pretty sure I'd love this. Such a great everyday blush that you don't need to worry about overdoing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I won't say you should buy it or anything, but I literally never regret wearing it. Ok you should buy it ;)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...