MAC Pink Pearl Pop

Monday, May 26, 2014


 photo 41c58ffd-c5f5-493f-93b2-525dfa66bf2e.jpg  photo f286ade6-1fae-4dd2-848f-584250ed3d8f.jpg  photo 3c78d790-7dff-4c0e-8317-5163fb4152be.jpg

*slyly tries to dust off blog, but realizes a vacuum cleaner might be in order*

HEY OMG heyyyyy.  Wow.  It's been a loooong time since I last blogged ('forgive me, for I have sinned'), and well, there's no real reason why, it's just that every time I felt the urge to type, I'd feel guilty that I wasn't studying or whatever.  But with just one more exam and a dissertation standing in between me and a Master's degree, I've decided that now is as good a time as any to jump back in (but mostly because my life just got 10x busier and I really need a hobby to keep me going right now).

Ok, so but fun things!  I have a new MAC lipstick, and it is, I mean it is GOOD.  Pink Pearl Pop is a Cremesheen finish and is described by MAC as a frosted mid-tonal pink.  If you've seen my MAC Lipstick collection video, you'll know that cremesheens are not exactly my favorite lipstick formula as they aren't very moisturizing in my experience, however Pink Pearl Pop (besides being the lipstick with the most poetic name in my possession) almost makes up for a less than ideal formula in color and longevity.  I mean the color alone was the reason I even picked it up in the first place, excused it for being a cremesheen, and chose it as my back-2-MAC champion.  I personally find it a very neutral pink shade, if a little yellowy, meaning it's one of those 'goes-with-any-makeup, can-be-dressed-up-or-down' kind of lipsticks.  It wears well and doesn't fade away in strange, patchy splotches; in fact it leaves a very pleasant pink stain on the lips hours after you've last applied it.  I've road-tested this both for everyday wear, and for hard nights of drinking and clubbing, and it passed both with flying colors.

And if this is anything to go by, one of my friends, when she saw me wearing it for the first time, categorized it as "the perfect lip color".  So I mean, it kind of wins.  Unfortunately MAC lipsticks retail at £15 here in the UK, but if you're lucky enough to live in my ridiculous home country, you'll be able to pick one up for $15.  In my opinion, this is one of those lipsticks every makeup wearer should own, as it not only brightens up the face, but the mood as well.  Try and frown wearing a lipstick called Pink Pearl Pop.  I dare you.

P.S. The lipstick showed up kind of blue in these pictures?  Because for some reason the colors weren't uploading with the same vividness that they show on my computer.  The resultant saturation and brightness tweaking makes the lipstick appear slightly less yellow than it does in real life, but hey.  I'm working on it!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeoussss! Omg i hope you had a great birthday my dear!! 😘😊 oh and quick question....what type of pink would look good on my skin tone? Ive had minimal luck finding that perfect shade *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was goooodddd!! I'll have to get back to you on the shades because I'd need to swatch some so that I'd know for sure, but maybe try bluey pinks and sheer colors. Maybe try Plumful by MAC or their lipstick called Touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I JUST posted to my blog in sort of the same fashion. So much dusty, it felt like an abandoned haunted mansion! So happy to see your posts though :) I saw this lipstick at the counter and as soon as I saw the name the color got like 10x cooler and after this post I def. have to have it! Maybe I can save up another 6 products to back to MAC because I have no money and a lot of make up products, haha! It looks so lovely on you!

    Jess | The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah so nice to hear from you! Yeah ugh the blogs just get away from you don't they?? This is a definite 'would-recommend'. And yeah, I may have had to depot a lipstick or two in order to get this one free ;)

      Delete
  4. This is such a gorgeous shade and definitely going on my mac wishlist! xo

    Hannah | Glitter and Sparkle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...