The Yearly Bath and Bodyworks Haul

Tuesday, September 10, 2013


Without actually meaning to, it seems I've made another trip to Bath and Bodyworks around the same time as I did last year, so hey maybe this becomes a yearly thing?  Who knows.  Anyway, I didn't pick up toooo much, but I wanted to share what I bought just in case you had your eye on a few of the season's newest offerings.

First off, having just received a paycheck and feeling quite a bit heavier in the wallet than usual, I decided to treat myself to a nice big three-wick candle (you know how it is).  This was actually the first of their large candles that I'd actually bought for myself, and after smelling probably every single one three times, I finally decided on their Pumpkin Caramel Latte.  At first it seemed like a pretty decent candle, and the scent throw is pretty amazing, lit or not, but after burning it for the first time, I soon realized that sweet candles aren't really my thing.  In fact, the more I sniff it, the more it reminds me of pancake syrup (just no).  If I could do it over again, my first choice would be their Sandalwood Citrus candle.  Quite a manly scent, but it's refreshing and definitely a bit more my speed.

They also had a 5 for $5 deal going on their pocket antibacterial hand gels, and since I will be living in a city quite soon, I figured I'd better throw a few in my cart.  Of the five I purchased, I'd say Aqua Blossom and Island Margarita are my two favorites.  The best way I can describe Aqua Blossom is to say that it smells like fresh, clean water (if you haven't yet realized, I'm pretty crap at describing scents).  Island Margarita is limey, and smells just like its namesake. The rest were bought in large part due to their names and labels.  Jack O' Pumpkin ends up making your hands smell like baked goods (blech), Pumpkin Caramel Latte, again, smells like pancake syrup, and Dancing Waters is along the same lines as Aqua Blossom in the clean scent department, but I find it almost too strong and is altogether pretty skippable.

Not sure why my Bath and Bodyworks hauls always end up being so meh?  It's probably because I'm the kind of person who walks around the store browsing for ages, and then starts to feel awkward and pressured so I wind up picking up the thing closest to me, buying it, and fleeing the store.  Does that happen to anyone else, or is that just me?  Well anyway, anything I bought look interesting to you?  Do you plan on taking advantage of any of the current BBW sales? Tell me your favorite scents, I'd love to know what to check out on my next visit (whenever that may be).


Pumpkin Caramel Latte 3-wick candle, $20 | Aqua Blossom pocketbac, $1 | Island Margarita pocketbac, $1 | Jack O' Pumpkin pocketbac, $1 | Pumpkin Caramel Latte pocketbac, $1 | Dancing Waters pocketbac, $1 (all pocket bacs normally $1.75)


13 comments:

  1. It took me a while to realize that although they smell sweet in the candle, burning, it's just way too much - sickeningly sweet. It sucks you felt pressured, that happens to me sometimes, too but I have to remind myself that just because I walk into a store doesn't mean I have to buy something. I recommend Marshmallow Fireside and Mahogany Teakwood. Marshmallow Fireside isn't as sweet as you think it'd be, it's more of a sweet-smokey campfire and then Mahogany Teakwood just smells like straight up Abercrombie model, haha! Hopefully they come out with their apple cider hand sanitizers again because those smelled DIVINE!

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah, Mahogany Teakwood! I got that for my mom for Christmas last year and I wound up lighting it for her most times haha. And I think I would like an apple cider hand sanitizer, sounds perfectly seasonally appropriate!

      Delete
  2. If you are close by, you can return the candle for another one. BBW is 100% guaranteed! =)

    Des | Simple Charm Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WUUUHT this is great news omg

      Delete
    2. UPDATE: You can DEFINITELY return used candles to B&BW. They want you to be happy, and they were sooo nice about it. I got two new BEAUTIFUL candles when I went last.

      Delete
  3. YUMM! There's a B&BW store opening near me soon (finally). I know I'll go candle crazy, it's my weakness. I love most of the Fall scents x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, you're in for it! If you're store has Applewood Bonfire, smell it! It's my personal favorite! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi!
    I simply love your blog!

    I nominated you for my liebster award!

    http://allthingsfa5.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, I'm no fan of sweet candles either, Sandalwood/Citrus sounds great though! x

    9 out of ten | follow me on bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA! I really do that too. Walk around for what seems like hours and then feel like I haaaave to get something.... not for the store's benefit but for my own sanity to prove to myself that I didn't waste a whole afternoon :-)

    Can't wait to try out some new stuff for the fall from BBW

    Christal
    LipstickAndPonytails.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both! I actually went in and returned for Applewood Bonfire (HIGHLY recommended) and Heirloom Pear. They're both lovely! x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...