My MAC Lipstick Collection

Saturday, September 14, 2013



You can always rely on a MAC lipstick to stir some excitement among beauty junkies like us, and I have to say that filming this video was pretty darn exciting.  I used to watch videos like this and dream about the day that I'd have my own extensive collection, and whaddya know, that day is here!  Whilst I may have jumped the gun on a few purchases I probably should have re-thought, on the whole I love my little stash.

Now before we jump into the video, I just wanted to mention something here that I wish someone had told me before I got into makeup, and that is to go slow.  MAC lipsticks aren't cheap, and in order to curate a cohesive collection that you're ultimately very happy with, it's important to physically test the shades and textures on your lips.  You'll get a perfect feel for the lipstick, and you'll also learn which finishes suit you best.   I know this is easier said than done, because it's just so tempting to buy one right then and there, but you'll come away more satisfied when you purchase a lipstick you know you'll love versus one you think you like.  I believe that MAC lipsticks as a whole are definitely worth the investment as the longevity, texture, and color payoff tends to be pretty excellent.

OK, serious business aside, I hope you enjoy seeing the lipsticks I chose for myself, and that you maybe get a better idea of how certain colors actually look on the lips.  MAC lipsticks are pricey, but they make me happy, so I save up for one or two every now and again.  I can't see myself adding too many more to my collection, but I mean they just released like 10 new mattes for Fall, so...my current MAC lipsticks might have a few new friends to talk to in the near future...

9 comments:

  1. You have a big MAC lipstick collection! I love seeing videos with lip swatches. Great job!

    Des | Simple Charm Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! Obviously I think it's nice to have choices! x

      Delete
  2. Amazing collection! MAC is so tempting, they have such a selection that it's hard not to go crazy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl I KNOW! If I could afford to, I'd double my collection, easy!

      Delete
  3. Nice collection girly :D I love MAC lipsticks, they are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wallet wishes they weren't my favorite, but alas...

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I have you to thank for that one ;) xx

      Delete
  5. holds elements giorgio plume daryll jeunes elude tales edwall
    sat work online game

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...