I Went to Primark and LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!

Sunday, September 22, 2013



If you haven't already heard from my many excited tweets and blabberings on YouTube, I've moved to London!  So of course, being that I'm  a complete and utter beauty dweeb, one of my first stops in the Big Smoke had to be none other than the beauty blogger favorite and Huge House of Bargains itself: PRIMARK!!  I came upon it accidentally when walking around Oxford Street (which is always SO busy!), so I had to poke my head in to see what all the fuss was about.  I kid you not, I wasn't in there for more than about three seconds when I saw something I absolutely loved and "had to have".  (For anyone who's never been to a Primark, I'll try and describe it; to me it seems right around the price point of Forever 21, however the items are not as "on-trend" I don't think, but they feel a lot more well-made).  I tried on the beautiful black and white floral dress, pictured above (which no doubt will feature in a future possible OOTD??), but in my eyes this bag stole the show.

It has quickly become my FAVORITE THING EVARRR, and I think it just looks so much more expensive than it actually is!  I paid £10 for it (equivalent to about $16), and I just know I'm going to get tons of use out of it.  It's pretty spacious, and can easily fit both my DSLR camera and Macbook Air comfortably inside.  My only complaint is that the strap is a bit long, and that the handles are a little too short to fit over my shoulder while wearing a coat (although I do have extremely broad shoulders, so maybe that's it).  But overall, I think it's perfect!  The black quilted pattern, the white stripes, the gold chain strap, UGH IT'S JUST SO BEAUTIFULLL.  Ahem.

All that to say, I never thought I'd be a bag lady, but you can't underestimate the power of a good bag!  It just pulls everything I'm wearing together so well, and makes me look just a little bit fancier than I actually am.  Something tells me this could be the start of a very dangerous habit....

And of course, now that I'm in the UK, I had to pick up a handful of British-only beauty bits!  Stay tuned for some serious Barry M love...


6 comments:

  1. Hope you had a smooth move to London! This post is so exciting! I love the bag and can't wait to see an OOTD.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually pretty smooth! Can't wait to start my course, but so far it's been quite the experience! I hope I can try and pull an OOTD together xx

      Delete
  2. AHHHH that bag looks amazing. Its not in mine yet though :(

    xoxo
    jessica
    from
    www.thecrownwings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it gets there soon! It's so lovely :)

      Delete
  3. It does look lovey and well designed! I want one just like it now.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find one just like it, you'll love it :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...