A Cheeky Trio: NYX Blushes

Saturday, September 14, 2013


Clockwise, from left: NYX blush in Pinched, NYX blush in Dusty Rose, and NYX blush in Summer Peach
L to R: Pinched, Dusty Rose, Summer Peach
A mere year ago, I had but one blush to my name.  It was simply a product I thought I could do without, and was afraid of the fever-cheeks I thought would result from my inexperienced application of said product.  Fast forward to today, and while I still have a very modest few in my collection, blush has become one of my most favorite additions to my everyday face.

NYX blushes in particular are my current favorites for everyday wear.  The color range is pretty impressive (at the moment they have a nice well-rounded 20 shades in their stocks), spanning the spectrum from taupe to natural flush to the hottest of hot pinks.  There's also a good mix of mattes and more shimmery colors, so there's really something for every skin tone and taste level.  They're also super affordable, at just $5 from the NYX website!  (Note: read their shipping policy carefully if you live outside of the US).

The three in my possession are Pinched, a shimmery, golden pink which is a great dupe for NARS Orgasm, Dusty Rose, a matte shade which is a perfect addition to a more natural makeup look, and Summer Peach, the brightest of all three, and a blush that, when applied carefully, offers a naturally flushed looking finish with the tiniest bit of gold shimmer.

I'm happy with every single one of these blushes, and couldn't recommend them more.  The consistency is pretty great; not chalky, but of course not super finely-milled either.  They wear extremely well, and at only $5 a pop, it's easy enough to toss a few in your cart without blinking an eye.  At the moment, I'm struggling to keep Terra Cotta and Taupe from "accidentally" falling into my cart and "accidentally" making their way to my doorstep.  But hey, accidents happen!

8 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful, dusty rose is calling to me! :) x

    Mollys Beauty Spot

    ReplyDelete
  2. NYX blushes are great. Dusty Rose is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! It makes it look like you've been out in the cold, it's so perfect!

      Delete
  3. These are all perfect colours! I wish NYX was easier to get hold of x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    check out my giveaway - win a MAC lipstick of your choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should be, they would sell so many more if they were stocked internationally, I think!

      Delete
  4. I am a huge fan of NYX blushes. They come in so many amazing shades :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them so much as well! Wish I had bought a few more while I was still in the US

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...