1 Year Blogger-versary!

Friday, September 6, 2013



I never thought I'd be making a post like this, but I cannot say how happy I am to be doing so!  It's a known fact that I go through phases, but it seems my blogging "phase" has turned into quite the habit.  I never in a million years thought that anyone would read my little words whilst typing up my first blog post exactly one year ago, but in the past year my readership has grown well beyond what I had ever expected.  I cannot say how thankful I am to those of you who read my posts and leave beautiful and positive comments.  It's through the comments that I've even connected with some of you and created little online relationships in which we write on each others' blogs (which I love!).

In honor of my little blog's first official birthday, I thought I'd share a link list of some of my personal favorite and more popular blog posts, just in case you're new here (or want to catch up!).
1. My first ever blog post (I'm choosing not to count my introduction post) about hand wipes, of all things.  My how my blog's vision has changed!  (Also please feel free to ignore my creepy faux-British honorifics..)

2. One of my more popular posts, on Aveda's Nourishmint lipstick in Cana.  A striking and extremely long-wearing choice for a red lip.

3. Another popular post of mine, on MAC's Mocha blush.  Perfect for an everyday matte flush!

4. A popular post from earlier this year that reminds me to do more posts like this.  Thinking outside the box by using lipstick as cream blush!

5. And now for a few of my personal favorites!  I loved writing up this post about the care and keeping of my curly hair.  It's a blog post that I would love to turn into a video one day soon!

6. And finally, probably one of my least popular posts I've ever written, but I put a ton of time into the writing for this one, so I wound up absolutely loving my post about Origins Never a Dull Moment face scrub.  Makes me want to do face masks now!

So whether or not you've been with me since the beginning, or you're just joining me now, I want to thank you for supporting The Non Brit.  I wouldn't be a blogger without a you!  You guys are great, I love you, and I hope you stick with me during my transition into my new life in London.  More posts to come after the dust settles...

If you're a lurker and would like to be notified whenever I begin blogging normally again, please feel free and follow by email, or subscribe to The Non Brit on Bloglovin'.  Hey, I'm even on Youtube now!

So after all of that, I'm off to eat some cake.  Back soon!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations Amelia!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 year goes really fast doesn't it! Congratulations :)
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold up, wait a minute. Now that you're moving to London, you're going to be a Brit blogger!!! Haha, anyway, congratulations on a year of blogging! It doesn't seem like much until you go through your old posts and see how far you've come! I'll continue to keep reading your blog for years to come and I'm really looking forward to seeing how you get on in London :D

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess, you are the best. And you know I'll have a huge British beauty haul most likely, because I can't not buy makeup, lol. xxxx

      Delete
  4. Congratulationsss! From one Amelia to the other!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Amelia! Looking forward to another year. :-)

    ~ Christal ~
    LipstickAndPonytails.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christal! Thank you so much, I love reading your blog as well and can't wait to see where your beautiful blog goes :D xxxx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...