MAC Mocha Blush

Friday, July 5, 2013



I have a feeling that in almost every post I've ever done, I explain where I was when I bought something, and why I really wanted it.  So here comes another story.  The day I found MAC's Mocha, I wasn't on some desperate hunt for a natural blush, I wasn't even shopping for makeup, but as it always happens, I was strolling past a MAC counter, and it just called out to me.  I finger-swatched, did a road test and fell. In. Love.

This is my first ever matte blush from MAC, and only my third ever from their entire range, but it has quickly jumped to favorite status.  Mocha is just the perfect dusty pink color for my skin tone.  It mimics a natural blush on my cheeks, and makes most of my makeup-looks just a touch more girly.  I'm  not too sure why they've called it Mocha, as it is clearly not very brown at all and is actually referred to on MAC's website as a "light plum," but regardless it's a very natural looking blush, and as the first matte in my collection, it has been welcomed with open arms.

In terms of versatility, I could see this working well on people with skin tones that are a bit lighter or a bit darker than mine (fair to olive).  I also love that you can apply it lightly for a more flirty look (worn this way, it's definitely my best pick for a 'first date' blush!), but that you can build it up for a more intense, bold blush look.  I would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice and simple matte blush that suits year-round wear, and that can be worn with a variety of different makeup-looks.  Can you tell I like it?  I've been reaching for it almost every day since it came home with me!

Do you have any favorite MAC (or non-MAC) blushes that you find look great with every makeup look?  I've become this huge blush-girl all of a sudden, so please,  hit me with your best shot!


MAC Mocha blush $21

10 comments:

  1. WOW! Looks lovely on you. I want to get some MAC blushes and lipsticks; this definitely has made its way to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty and also very natural looking on you :) I've only ever had lipsticks from MAC, I would love to expand my little collection.

    Amy xx
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their blushes and eyeshadows come highly recommended! x

      Delete
  3. Wow, Mocha is seriously perfection on you! I've been eyeing it for a bit and kind of think it would be nice on me too! Such a beautiful, natural shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely would! I love that it's matte, I think it would suit quite a lot of people. x

      Delete
  4. I reach for Tarte Exposed just about every day. If you don't have it you should check it out! It looks like nothing when swatched...it barely shows up on my hand...but on the cheeks it is perfection; it's not too brown and not too pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost completely forgot about Tarte blushes! I've swatched Exposed on my hand in the store before, but I never bought it. I'm going to have to go back and have it tried on! x

      Delete
  5. This blush looks darn pretty awesome you!!! :-)

    Christal
    LipstickAndPonytails.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This blush is gorgeous in the pan and so much prettier on your cheeks! Seriously, it brings some nice warmth and color to your cheeks :)

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty color! Super versatile too. I've been loving Well Dressed the past year or so, have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...