Estee Lauder Pure Color EyeShadow Duo in Raisins

Sunday, July 28, 2013


I've been a bad blogger recently.  Very bad.  I stopped reading other people's blogs, haven't updated my own in about three weeks, and all but vanished from the internet entirely.  Now, I'd say I'm sorry, but what good is an apology once the damage is done?  I'm actually in the midst of a tricky time (my parents are moving away from me, and I'm applying for an international student visa all while trying to wrap my head around this whole hectic situation), so I literally have not been thinking about beauty.  I still wear makeup everyday for work, but that's really the extent of it.  A house full of moving boxes just seems to suck the blogger right out of me.

But now that the UHaul van is almost completely packed in and my visa application fee has been paid, I've finally got a moment to myself to write about my thoughts on a very recent (and BEAUTIFUL) acquisition of mine.  It was exactly two weeks ago now that I finally got my hands on the Estee Lauder Raisins eyeshadow duo.

I had first seen it used in a video by Zoella on youtube, and my jaw literally dropped.  I'm a huge sucker for a product demo, and buy most of my products after having seen them used in youtube tutorials, and because I've actually seen what the products can do in a live setting, I usually have a ton of luck with the makeup I purchase.  Estee Lauder's Pure Color EyeShadow Duo in Raisins was absolutely no exception (oof, what a mouthful).

The pigmentation is rich, the color payoff is intense, and the shadows themselves are crazy smooth and blendable.  The gold packaging is very expensive looking, comes with a huge mirror, and is much lighter-feeling than it appears.  As an added bonus the duo even pops out of its case if you wanted to add it to a larger palette!  Of the two shadows in the duo, the lighter, champagney color in the palette actually reminds me a lot of Naked Lunch by MAC, although it's a slightly less golden version.  And funny enough, the dark burgundy shadow that accompanies it looks quite a lot like MAC's Sketch eyeshadow, although I've always found Sketch very hard to work with as it just doesn't blend well for me.  The two make for an absolutely stunning shadow combination on the eyes, and I find that the purple tones in the darker shade really help my green eyes to stand out, especially when paired with the frostiness of the lighter shade.  I've been wearing them over top of Estee Lauder's Pure Color Stay-on Shadow Paint in Halo, and they have worn impeccably all day without a single crease.

All in all, it's a beautiful and very classic duo that I'm sure would suit every skin tone, pale to dark.  It has all but replaced my other eyeshadow palettes since I've bought it two weeks ago, and even though I've worn it exclusively to work, you could very easily build up the color to make for a more dramatic and smokey evening look.  I would have never thought a smokey eye possible with just two eyeshadows, but the paler shade doubles as a lid color and brow bone highlight, while the darker shade is easily blended out to create a soft and smokey crease.  Simples.

I literally can't fault this product; I can't see myself putting it down in the near future!  I only wish it weren't so hard to get your hands on because I will definitely be repurchasing it when I finish my current one up (which will be sometime later this year at the rate I'm going!), but I literally got the last one they had at the counter that I bought it from (and the saleswoman had to really hunt for it).  It seems to be all sold out online as well, so your best bet on finding it is to try and nail it down at a counter.  In short, this is one product where I can definitively say, 'Hype well-deserved.'

What do you think of the Estee Lauder eyeshadows?  This being my first more high-end eye palette I've ever owned, I'm over the moon with its good qualities!  Any hyped products that you've been really loving recently?  Or not? ;)


Estee Lauder Pure Color EyeShadow Duo in Raisins, $32 | Estee Lauder Pure Color Stay-On Shadow Paint in Halo, $24


11 comments:

  1. No, no, no, no! I've been looking for this duo for ages and it's been sold out everywhere! Ugh, it looks so gorgeous on your eyes and I totally agree it would suit everyone! It's actually being discontinued. Will have to run to a Macy's tomorrow and see if I can't get it. The one where I live has been sold out for months now! You're so lucky to have gotten it :)

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're kidding, they're discontinuing it?!?? whaAAAAT??? Somebody has to still have it, I'm sure you'll find it somewhere! x

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh not this duo again! I also seen Zoe talk about it and I fell in love.. It looks stunning on your eyes! I love the look you created with it.. I NEED it!

    Great review :)

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful palette and I love it so much! Like I said, you could swap out for MAC's Naked Lunch and Sketch, but the texture of the EL eyeshadows is just so much better in my opinion. It's definitely in my "Gotta Have It" category! x

      Delete
  3. Ahh, I need this! I thought of Zoe as soon as I saw the picture :p + They look gorgeous on you :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    CHECK OUT MY GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so pretty, i love the look you created. Thanks for the review! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a gorgeous palette and I love the plummy shade - my weakness. lol Great look Amelia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm discovering my love for plummy shades as well! Thanks, Christal :)

      Delete
  6. Just doing a little research before i spend soo much money on a duo palette. All the reviews i've seen say that it compliments green eyes. However I am an asian with C2 skin tone (in the MAC face&body foundation) with brown eyes and wondered if anybody knows what it looks like?? Will it be as gorgeous on my eyes as it is on green eyes??
    Oh, by the way, it looks gorgeous on you, love the look you've created!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...