Origins and Moisture

Wednesday, June 26, 2013


I'll admit that I'm still new to the daunting and ever-expanding world of skin care.  That's why when I find a company I like, I grab on to it and milk it for all it's got.  Enter Origins: a brand that very rarely lets me down, and that continues to excite me with both its new launches and old stand bys.

I picked up a few bits from the famously natural brand recently, including a deceptively dense 50mL jar of their Make a Difference Plus + Rejuvenating Treatment (after desperately scraping by on the last legs of my Ole Henriksen moisturizer).  While not technically a moisturizer, this watermelon and lychee-fortified treatment was created to inject dehydrated skin with some much needed moisture.  Because it is marketed towards those with combo/oily skins, and is oil-free to boot, this treatment has found a nice home in my evening skin care routine.  I tend to use it as my moisturizer alone, as my skin doesn't do well at all with sky-high hydration levels, although I have been known to occasionally accompany it with a few pumps of Nude's ProGenius Treatment Oil should my skin be feeling on the dry side.  It can be applied morning and night if need be, but I usually find it a bit too hydrating for day wear and tend to just apply it all over before bed.  In the five weeks that I've been regularly applying it, not only have I developed noticeably softer skin, but I am now also the owner of a more radiant and glowing complexion.

In terms of morning-time moisture, Origin's new energy-boosting, Vitamin-C packed GinZing moisturizer has been filling the void.  While MaDP+ feels just a touch on the heavy side, this caffeine-injected gel/cream feels supremely lightweight.  But unlike most other oil-free daytime moisturizers that  often result in that horrible tight-face feeling, GinZing seems to actually hydrate my skin.  According to Origins, the citrus fruit-scented "skin energy drink" is fortified with Panax Ginseng and Coffee Bean extract, both of which help to boost the skin's hydration and brightness levels.  And even though my skin does feel every bit evenly hydrated after slathering some of the stuff all over my face, I've had no issues with makeup slippage, and absolutely zero breakouts to report.  After a few weeks of daily use, I have even started to notice the dullness slowly seeping out of my complexion (which I can only hope will continue with regular application).

Bottom line: Origins know what they're doing.  I only wish they didn't have such an impressive (not to mention semi-expensive!) lineup to their name, as my wish list is getting heavier as I type...

What are some of your favorite Origins products, or ones you'd like to try?


Origins Make a Difference Plus + Rejuvenating Treatment $39.50 | Origins GinZing Energy-boosting moisturizer $26.50

8 comments:

  1. I haven't explored much into this brand but the packaging might also have something to do with it cause I really dislike jar packaging for skincare. Otherwise, I tried the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand your preference. I'm the same way with lip products! x

      Delete
  2. I love their Checks and Balances face wash and Modern Friction face scrub. I, too, have a long wish list of their products. Hurry up, Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love 'Origins'! I think I am going to have to try the revitalizing 'GinZing' moisturizer! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try both of these but they're just so pricey! Maybe a bit later after I've used up my existing creams and lotions. I tried some of the GinZing on my hand the other day and it felt soooo nice, energising and cooling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I wish good skin care wasn't such an investment! But I just love the GinZing in the morning. Like you said, it's energizing, but I love that it slightly brightens and really hydrates as well. It's such a winner for me. x

      Delete
  5. These two are on my wish list, they both sound incredible :) I tend to prefer spending on skincare rather than make up in all honesty so I wouldn't be put off buying these completely :)

    Amy xx
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  6. UGH, I'm going to the city tomorrow ... and there is an Origins store ... and I want the orange moisture of goodness in a pot now! I've never tried any Origins products so I may have to run in and get some now! :)

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...