The Birthday Benefit

Saturday, May 11, 2013


It's officially May now, which means quite a few things.  Sneeze rates have gone up ten-fold nationwide, no-jacket weather is officially here to stay, hundreds of thousands of people are graduating from college, but most importantly for me, it's a reminder that I'm getting older.  My birthday countdown officially hit seven days out on Thursday, and I'm not sure I would have remembered had I not gotten an email from Sephora a few weeks back letting me know that my birthday present was ready and waiting for me on my next visit!

Ok, all joking aside, this year's present is actually quite generous, and I've already folded the two products into my everyday makeup routine.  Consisting of Benefit's "Watts Up" highlighter, and "They're Real" mascara, the Real Birthday Turn Ons kit contains two extremely generous sized samples that I'm sure plenty of people will actually use.  Watts Up is a peachy, gold-toned highlighter that blends best into creme-based foundations (I've found), and looks good day or night, dependent upon the amount you apply.  It makes me look luminescent and lit from within, and is just all-around lovely.  And holy smokes, if They're Real doesn't live up to its hype.  It definitely doesn't make my lashes look fake, but it provides both definition and volume at the same time, and makes me look like I have way more lashes than my mama gave me.

All in all, I'd say it's a solid start to the birthday season!  What did you think of this year's present if you got it yet, and how does it compare to year's past for you?


11 comments:

  1. They're Real is one of my favorite mascaras!!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another reason I wish there was Sephora where I lived :p I have always wanted to try that highlighter - I think I would love it. They're Real is one of my favourite mascaras (if not my favourite), though the wand can get a bit spiky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you, they don't do those bday gifts where I live. X

    ravesndramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so excited to try the They're Real mascara! Then I did and it just didn't WOW me like I was expecting. It's an ok mascara on my lashes, but it's a pain to remove. However, I love the highlighter. I'm so thankful I didn't buy a full-size because I think the sample will last quite a bit of time.

    Wooo hoo for May birthdays! I just celebrated mine on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy, happy birthday!! And yeah, the mascara removal process can be a bit of a pain, but to be honest, I haven't really been able to figure out how to remove ANY mascara completely. I should probably work on that.. :)

      Delete
  5. i love the They're real mascara! works really well with me :)
    Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im interested in trying Watts Up, Benefit never lets me down!

    Check out my beauty blog at:
    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. excellent picks - love both of those! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats amazing, do sephora send everyone little treats on their birthday? i'd love to try watts up it looks amazing!!
    http://chloevictoriaguest.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Watts Up as it gives a super glamorous glow! And yes, Sephora gift every Beauty Insider a deluxe sample of something every year within two weeks of their birthday. It's such a nice service, and I've found a lot of things that I like very much through it that I probably wouldn't have looked twice at otherwise. This year I got lucky, as I wanted to try both of these products and wound up really liking them both! xx

      Delete
  9. I can't wait to get this gift (although my birthday isn't until december...) as much as I liked the Fresh set from last year, I like this way more!
    Jennifer

    http://naturewithnurture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...