My First Brush with Sigma

Monday, May 20, 2013


I've always been a makeup girl.  If given the choice between new tools or new products, I'm picking the lipsticks every time.  And for a while this strategy worked for me.  Splurge on the makeup, and scrimp on the brushes. That is, until I became a base girl.  Until very recently, I pretty much stuck to my guns with foundation.  It was Clinique, or bust.  But after branching out and trying a few of the MAC offerrings, I found I could no longer apply all of my foundations with foundation brushes for fear of a streaky, uneven complexion.  So to the blogs I went, searching for better brush recs.  I found quite a few, but one brush kept popping up in the back of my mind.  I had remembered a lot of hype surrounding the Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki brush from years ago, and after hearing a million and a half raves about it since, I decided I had to test it for myself.

A few clicks and three days later, a beautiful little box arrived from Sigma.  It has to be said that they package their brushes very securely for travel, and mine arrived in pristine condition.  The bristles, of which there are quite a few, are synthetic and are densely packed into the ferrule (that bit of metal on every brush; who knew there was even a word for that??), so a flimsy tool, it is not.  I could tell right away that this brush and I were going to get along just fine.  I was proved right after my first application of foundation with this bad boy.  There were no streaks in sight, and my skin was left with a near  dare I say it  flawless finish.  It should be said that I love my Real Techniques brushes, but to be honest, I haven't touched them since the F80 wiggled its way into my brush collection.  My only gripe?  It's a mild form of torture to get this thing clean.  But if my only concession for flawless-looking skin is a few more minutes at the sink, then I guess I haven't really got much to complain about.




4 comments:

  1. I've heard quite a lot of good things about this brush and having watched many beauty gurus on YouTube rave about the Sigma brushes, might buy one for myself.. although I'm leaning more towards the powder brush.

    Love your blog.
    xxx

    http://style-krush.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I could be girly enough to have a billion type of makeup brushes because they just look so damn pretty! But like you cleaning them would be a slow torture to my death. If I was to a buy a makeup brush which I probably should consider doing in the near future because it is a grown up thing to do, I would buy this one because of this review. Am pretty sure that means you should get a cut of the money ;D ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty post :) I really enjoyed it. I need to get some new brushes so its nice to get suggestions that others have tried and tested so thanks for sharing x

    www.krystelcouture.com | Shamballa Bracelet Giveaway ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! Try the Essential Kit-Mr. Bunny. I love it and they are ultra soft!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...