IKEA Tindra Candles

Sunday, May 5, 2013

As an interior design super-enthusiast, a visit to Ikea is a noteworthy occurrence.  One that I might add has mysteriously only happened a total of maybe seven times in my life.  Actually it's only recently that I began to even enjoy myself at Ikea.  Back in my design-snob days, I can remember scrunching up my nose at what I then thought were cheaply crafted and generic looking designs.  I was anti-contemporary and was so all about the heavy, dark, and not to mention expensive wooden furniture that would only look at-home in an hacienda.  That was back before I realized that money was a thing.

But getting back to the point here, I never in a million years thought I might come across something that I could blog about at an Ikea (beauty-wise, that is).  But lo and behold, on my most recent trip to Ikea, I learned that they sell candles.  And they're pretty decent at that!  For the standard size, they come in several different scents; vanilla, rose, apple, cinnamon, tropical fruit, and possibly some others.  They promise an impressive 30 hours of burn time, throw off quite a decent amount of scent (if lit in a small room), and can even be turned into drinking glasses post-burn.  Not to mention, they're a complete steal at just $1.99 a pop.  I couldn't believe how cheap they were when I happened upon them in the store, that I picked up three and thought absolutely nothing of it.

The even bigger surprise came when I got home and lit the Vanilla candle, only to realize that the scent was so much more than pleasant.  It wasn't sickly or cloying like the Yankee Christmas Cookie candle, it was just warm and sweet, almost like the scent of vanilla bean ice cream.  I usually detest sweet-smelling candles, but this one has jumped right to the top of my "Best Candles I've Ever Smelled" list.  This is good news for both myself and my wallet, which only has to cough up eight quarters next time the wax gets low.  And who knows, I may even spring for the $4 jumbo size!

12 comments:

  1. thats a really smart idea! turning them into drinking glasses? that never would have even crossed my mind! i love these especially for lighting on a nightstand when you're sitting on your bed, close to it. they're super pleasant :)

    stephanieslook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have mine lit in exactly that spot as I type this! x

      Delete
  2. I like candles, I think they make nice ornaments even if you don't burn them. Colourful ones will brighten up a room :)

    Amy xx
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of Ikea as a place for nice candles! I'll definitely pick one up on my next visit to the store :) They come in such pretty colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am such a sucker for great smelling candles. Unfortunately I don't live close by to an ikea :( xo

    Hannah xo | Glitter And Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  5. They really are refreshing, Will be eagerly waiting for more.

    My Blog :- Nature Health Secrets

    And will love to hear from you. I am a new follower of yours on GFC and Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a Swede I'm a proud of the IKEA candles, haha! I love the new coconut scented ones they have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coconut??! How have I missed those!!?

      Delete
  7. I could seriously spend hours in the home organization section of Ikea. Just thinking about it, I can actually smell those candles. Haha! :-)

    xx Christal xx
    LipstickAndPonytails.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This page truly has all the information I wanted
    about this subject and didn't know who to ask.

    Also visit my web-site: acoustic guitar chord

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently discovered these as well as the Target one's and have to admit they are my new obsession :)

    http://a-hearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes but did you realize that IKEA no longer carries Tindra candles? I am so sad... now I have to look for a replacement.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...