The Tax Refund Haul!

Monday, April 8, 2013


Heyyyy party people.  I'm sure you're all familiar with impulse purchases, and usually I try to justify mine (of which there have been fewer and fewer lately), but with the recent news of my University of London acceptance, the arrival of my refund check earlier this week sort of solidified the need for a visit to LUSH.  And MAC.

I was feeling in a Spring-y mood apparently, and picked up two old favorites from LUSH.  Floating Island, the solid white bath melt, can be broken apart into three or more pieces, and scents the bath with vanilla and sandalwood, not to mention it leaves your skin silky smooth.  Pop in the Bath, the solid bubble bar adorned with a joyful daisy, is delightfully floral and creates a nice amount of bubbles (so far as I can remember!).  The other two items are the fresh face mask, Catastrophe Cosmetic, and the new Green bubbleroon (of which I used half, and it was just ok).

And from MAC, I picked up the brand-spankin new "Embrace Me" (part of the new Fashion Sets collection), which is seriously a must-have for hot pink lipstick fans.  I also picked up the old favorite, Rice Paper eyeshadow, which is gorgeous as an all over lid color on girls with a medium skin tone and yellow undertones like me.

Not exactly a bank-breaker, and hey, I've still got half of a refund check to show for it.  All in all it was a satisfying haul, for both me and the wallet.  Anything you bought recently with newfound money, or otherwise, that's particularly Spring-y (or otherwise)? :)

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on the University acceptance! Such an exciting moment!

    I cannot wait to get my tax refund, I think I'll be treating myself as well! Great finds - I loooove the Lush Green Bubbleroon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, tax refunds are as good an excuse as any to do a bit of shopping ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow Embrace Me seems like a stunner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I literally have not stopped wearing it since I bought it! x

      Delete
  3. Sandalwood is amazing! I paired with Big Blue bath bomb and it smelled like sweet rain (weird description, I know, but it was wonderful!) Embrace Me looks gorgeous! I have the lip liner from when they promoted a while pack and the color has some serious pink pop to it! Great purchases! :)

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet rain? Well that just sounds amazing!! I was a bit nervous of Big Blue when I heard that it sewed seaweed around the tub, but I'll have to give it a shot now! x

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on getting accepted into the University of London!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your Uni acceptance hun, you must be very happy and proud! :)) Embrace me looks so beautiful! <3 And oh my.. I need to get the green bubble bar haha it looks like a giant macaroon! :))

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! I loooove Embrace Me, and the bubbleroon smells gorgeous. x

      Delete
  6. Congrats!! I'll be heading to the London area for Uni too :)) I celebrated with a 'mini' haul and am considering extending it tomorrow too..haha!xx

    Blog: http://www.cocochicblog.co.uk
    Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/1823055

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with extending a haul for a happy occasion ;) Maybe I'll see you in the Big Smoke! x

      Delete
    2. Surely a haul is worth a haul to celebrate as well!? Never ending hauls haha.. Hopefully we willx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...