The Makeup Drawer

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Everyone's got their own unique makeup storage set-up.  Mine was formerly in the shape of a chaotic mess scattered across the top of my dresser.  But I wised up quickly.  After losing one too many eyeliners into the black hole that was the space behind my dresser, I decided to invest in some small, stackable drawers from IKEA.  Recently my room has been changed around a bit, and some new furniture was bought and assembled. Since then, my teensy makeup collection has seen an architectural upgrade, and now has an entire drawer in my dresser to call home.  And while the whole "drawers inside drawers" thing may fall slightly into the ever-confusing realm of inception, I have to say that this is the best set-up my makeup has seen thus far.  That is not to say that I haven't had my eye on some MUJI storage for some time, but those sleek, transparent containers will have to be put on the back burner until the need actually arises.

For reference, the drawer is split into (in picture order): foundations (behind which hide my eye palettes); liner drawer (eyes and lips); lipstick/gloss drawer; everyday makeup drawer; and miscellaneous/random stuff drawer. Atop the stackable drawers (available here) sit some random odds and ends like a primer, a moisturizer, and a perfume sample of Jo Malone's sweet Orange Blossom.

I'm always looking to improve my set-up, so if you have any tips I'm happy to hear them.  Where does your makeup collection live?

10 comments:

  1. i need to improve my set up as well
    i'll let you know what i come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do, I'm so into seeing other people's setups! x

      Delete
  2. I need to put some order into my makeup storage asap! I was thinking of getting the IKEA dressing table and some of their stackable drawers! :) Love your lip drawer so much haha! <3

    XO,
    RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ikea is a storage goldmine! xx

      Delete
  3. Oh..i just want to shop your stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks super organised now! I have most of my collection in two 4-drawer clear plastic storage boxes. I also have my eye on Muji but it's not available where I live - plus I don't think it'd hold as much as my current set up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE. to see your stash. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow you have the makeup draw of my dreams!

    By the way I am having a jewellery giveaway on my blog if your interested :) Check it out here:

    fashion nerdette competition

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love nosing at everyones make up storage, I too am such a hoarder!! xo

    Hannah xo | Glitter And Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post! I'm so nosey when it comes to storage - thanks for my daily fix ;) x

    Blog: http://www.cocochicblog.co.uk
    Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/1823055

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...