New to the Routine

Monday, April 1, 2013


I've always felt a bit out of sync when it comes to the seasons.  I'm the girl who cuts her hair in Autumn, and grows it out for Summer, who wears color in Winter, and black in the Spring.  For some unknown reason, I find it hard to keep up with the changing seasonal trends, and seeing all the other bloggers bringing out the sheerer bases and baby pinks has pushed me to get my act together.  Almost.

For a long while now I've been wearing the same makeup day in and day out, and feeling the need for a change, I've injected some newness into my routine.  First off, a bit of a wintery full coverage base that was hauled in my last post, MAC's Studio Sculpt foundation, has wiggled its way into everyday status.  I'm sure this heavy coverage base would work much better in the colder weather or on a night out, but as it's been said, I'm bad with practicality.  Another newbie to the routine is the Laura Mercier Eye Basic in Wheat which evens out any eyelid discoloration perfectly, although its staying power is not as long as that of the Urban Decay Primer Potion.  I use it for days when my eyeshadow is simple, matte and neutral, and it just makes the shadows look more pigmented with less product.

I also used to be the girl who never used highlighter, but ever since digging it out for my last All Made Up post, I've become obsessed.  I've been using my Benefit High Beam highlighter darn near every day for the past month, and I can't imagine wearing a full face of makeup without it now!  It's perfect for adding that glowy, but not too shiny, pearly sheen to the cheekbones (or wherever else).  Speaking of shine, I've also been powdering like a maniac recently.  You may have seen my Rimmel Stay Matte powder pop up in my recent makeup bag post, but it's never been formally introduced.  For the past few weeks, I've been dusting this guy onto the end of my nose and across my cheeks where I tend to get the most oily.  The best thing about it?  It does exactly what it says on the tin.

As for the lips, I seem to have hit Spring right over the head with two new baby pink additions to the routine.  I've had my tube of MAC Angel for almost a year now, and even mentioned it in my January favorites video after wearing it a few times that month and loving it, but for some reason I've just now started to really get my mileage out of it.  Literally every day for the past three weeks or so, it's all I've worn on my lips, and if I start out wearing a different color in the morning, I've wiped it off by noon and slicked Angel on instead.  I used to hate the frostiness of it, but I'm finding more and more that this lipstick finish suits the makeup I've been wearing lately.  And if I'm not wearing Angel, I'm sporting my NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Smokey Look. It's essentially a nude gloss with a shortish staying power, but it's not overly sticky, and it smells like cherries, so it does the trick in a pinch!

Be they super new to your collection, or ones you've had around for years, are there any products that you've recently injected into your daily makeup routine?  

4 comments:

  1. Benefit and Mac! <3
    Never tried highlighter before, but a lot of ladies love what it does. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally cannot get enough of it at the moment!

      Delete
  2. Yes! My YSL brightening pen.. it's been neglected for a long time, I picked it up again some days back.. it's magic.....
    I stumbled to your blog, and am loving it :)
    xx
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessie!! I have yet to try anything from YSL, but I've heard only good things about the pen. Will have to test it out next time I'm near a counter! xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...