If I Could Hug a Lipstick...MAC's NEW Embrace Me (Fashion Sets Collection)

Friday, April 12, 2013

As the title suggests, I'm smitten.  On an innocent trip to MAC last Thursday to enquire about a possible job (shh!), I was just chatting with one of the makeup artists when I noticed her amazingly bright fuchsia lipstick.  Quick to ask what shade it was before I lost my nerve, she pointed me in the direction of the newly released Fashion Sets collection.  In fact they were so new, they'd only been out a few hours, and already a few items were sold out.  I had been contemplating a "Girl About Town" lipstick purchase for a while, but when I set my eyes on Embrace Me, the deal was done.

Embrace Me is described as a bright fuchsia cream (although it could arguably be described more accurately as a BRIIIIGHT fuchsia cream), and is a perfectly matte, blue-toned hot pink.  Embrace Me is actually the name of five separate items in the new Fashion Sets collection, which features a nail polish, eye shadow, lip liner, lip gloss, and lipstick, all in the same shade.  There are three other shades within the same range as well, including an orange, a paler pink, and a cotton candy purple.  I've never been a huge fan of matchy makeup, so I didn't purchase the lip liner or gloss, but the color of Embrace Me in lipstick form was just so irresistible, it almost forced itself into my hands.

In terms of stats, MAC knocks it out of the park with this one.  It's long-wearing (I'm talking 8 hours long.  No.  Joke.), wears down beautifully by leaving you with more of a fuchsia lip stain rather than a weird, patchy mess, and applies super bright from the tube without the need to build up the color.  All in all, this baby is a stunner, and if bright pink lips are your thing, or you wanted a matte-er version of Girl About Town, then Embrace Me will be right up your street.

I bought it for $15 USD from my local MAC store, and although it's currently sold out online (how does that always happen?), you may still be able to get it from a store near you.  I don't take raves lightly here on the old blog, so to put a little bow on this one I'll just finish by saying that Embrace Me hasn't stopped hugging my lips since the day I brought it home (and I thought I was a natural lip person, ha!).  Have you tried anything from the new Fashion Sets collection?

15 comments:

  1. omg such a pretty pink colour! so vibrant! love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super vibrant! People definitely notice when you wear it :) x

      Delete
  2. This is such a beautiful shade. MAC is my guilty pleasure, adore their lipsticks, Creme Cup is one of my all time faves :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Creme Cup yet, but MAC has more and more been becoming my guilty pleasure as well :) x

      Delete
  3. So pretty! The lipstick could totally work as the stand-out "Accessory"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have made a mental note to buy this - it's gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. Everyone needs a bright fuschia in their lives! x

      Delete
  5. OH

    MY

    GOSH!!!!!

    I need this in my LIFE!!!!!! (I'm going there right now!)

    xx Christal xx
    LipstickAndPonytails.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an incredible colour, going to have a look next time I got to MAC! XX

    Hannah, Glitter And Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. I am literally pushing this color on all of my makeup-fiend friends! :)

      Delete
  7. Holy moly that is so bright! Very bold, I am just dipping my toes into the bold lip territory and all I can manage are orange reds. Maybe one day I can rock this type of shade ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...