The Haul to End All Hauls

Thursday, March 28, 2013


I promise you the content of this blog post is not as intense as the title suggests, but I obviously have some explaining to do.  And while I am a fan of the suspenseful and dramatic reveal, in this case I think the big news needs to be broken beforehand.

The long and short of it is that come September, I will no longer be blogging from my tiny bedroom in northern New Jersey.  Now don't get me wrong, I will still be blogging, just from a completely different location. Alright, I'm starting to annoy myself I'm just going to tell you!  Come September, I will be officially matriculated as a postgraduate student at the University of London!!!!  I couldn't be more excited, and while this won't directly affect anyone who may be reading this, I just couldn't contain myself any longer and had to let the secret out! Nothing has been arranged yet as far as my living situation goes, but the whole point of me telling this story (besides sharing my excitement!) was to basically say that I won't be buying much in the way of anything for the foreseeable future as I'm now officially in scrimping and saving mode (we'll see how long that lasts)!

Phew!  Now that's out of the way, we can get on to the beauty bits.  As a gift for working my butt off to get into this school, my parents decided to treat me to [some money that quickly turned into] a bottle of MAC's only fragrance.  Turquatic is actually a bit hard to describe, but on me it smells fresh and aquatic (wow, Amelia, how inspired).  It was love at first sniff back in January, and although it took me almost three months to get my hands on it, I still love it just as much.  A full review will probably surface sometime soon.  I also decided to treat myself to a little summin', and picked up a tube of MAC's Studio Sculpt foundation in NC30.  I love the level of coverage it provides (I'm going through a full coverage phase, at the moment), and while I still haven't found a way to keep it from sliding off my face by midday, I'm pretty sure it's a keeper.

This was admittedly a very small haul, but it consists of two items I'm sure to repurchase down the road, and ones that will stay in my collection for quite some time.  Luckily I like what I bought, because I'm pretty sure this is going to be the last of the hauls for a damn long time.  Maybe.

* Both items were purchased with the MAC Pro discount so I paid 70% of the original price.

5 comments:

  1. OHMYGOODNESS congratulations on your acceptance!! I'm so excited for you! I"d love to go to school there! Also, those two products are fantastic :) currently wearing Turquatic! I find that the Studio Sculpt foundation slides through out the day from my oilier t-zone, but it sets beautifully with bare minerals! (or any other powder!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER JEALOUS. This is very exciting news and that fact that you managed to contain your excitement to proper punctuation and exclamation points is astounding. I've never smelled Turquatic as I always just assumed it was limited edition but now may have to give it a whiff! Good luck on your new adventure and saving for it! I would give up buying beauty bits just to get a chance to visit London! :)

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  3. how exciting :) congratulations on your acceptance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congratulations on your acceptance! Thats so exciting! (Just imagine all the Sleek products you'd be able to buy in the fall! Haha!)

    In my best British accent,

    Cheerio! :-)

    xx Christal xx
    LipstickAndPonytails.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much for the congratulations, it still doesn't feel real! And Christal, how could I have forgotten about the beauty products??! Literally so stoked for that alone! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...