My Bedroom

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bedrooms speak volumes about the people who sleep in them.  Favorite colors will be scattered throughout, a current read can usually be spied on the bedside table, and some decorative (or otherwise) clutter will undoubtedly reside somewhere within.  In my case, it may become obvious that I thrive on warm colors, that my bedside "table" is home to plenty of favorite books, and that I'm really not a fan of clutter.

What may also come across is my penchant for reminiscing, my love of music, and my complete inability to get rid of the vestiges of my teen-hood (McFly, anyone?).  Bedrooms are extremely personal, and I hope that by having a little look around mine, you feel you may know me a bit better now.

My room is currently undergoing a transition, and as I am ditching the schoolbus-cheese color for a more grown-up play on white walls, I thought I'd memorialize the orange paint one last time through these photos.  The dresser is also a new addition to my bedroom, and can be found here.

What does your room say about you?

10 comments:

  1. I love your room! I know it sounds cliche but it really has 'character' haha. Deff post some pics when you've finished the redecorating too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that means a lot! I may just post my completed room in the near future :)

      Delete
  2. There is something about the schoolbus-cheese color and the pink dresser that is very playful..I love it. Sadly, I don't know that my bedroom has that much of a personality. I love Spanish architecture. When I first walked into our house I saw the arched doorways and that is when I knew I wanted this as my home. So I was going for a Spanish looking bedroom. I have a big carved armoire and a beautiful iron bed, but lost the Spanish vibe after that. But I have a fluffy down feather duvet, an old iron reading lamp on my nightstand and a ton of books in a large basket. I think my bedroom would say I am a reader and I like being cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Krystal, your home sounds beautiful. If you've never heard of houzz before, they have a truckload of photos to help inspire interior projects. It's a bit difficult to navigate, but here's a link for Mediterranean bedrooms: http://www.houzz.com/photos/mediterranean/bedroom/p/1

      Delete
  3. I like the orange walls, it has a really nice vibe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! But it's been six years with them now, and I feel it's time for a change. x

      Delete
  4. Loved the little tour! I especially love your red dresser and bedspread! The colors are invigorating! Also, I can't quite see, but is that Frida Kahlo above your bed?

    Thanks for the glimpse into your life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Annick! Yes, that's Frida :) I suppose she helped inspire the color palette of the rest of the room! x

      Delete
  5. wow you have a lovely bedroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bedroom, that chair is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it after the makeover. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...