Inspired by Beauty...Bloggers | Korres Shower Gel

Friday, March 15, 2013


By now it should be no secret that Korres is a brand that really floats my boat (read this for reference), and as I'm feeling rather positive today, I thought I'd jump off the bandwagon long enough to share another Korres favorite of mine.

Giving credit where it's due, I stumbled across this brand in 2011 around Christmas time while watching Lisa Eldridge's annual holiday gift guide.  Now when a beauty guru raves about a product, I'm usually cautiously excited, but when that beauty guru is Lisa Eldridge, I'm planning my trip to the store before the video is even over.  OK, maybe a slight exaggeration there, but I wound up with a bottle of Korres Japanse Rose shower gel--Lisa's scent of choice--in my bathroom by the time July rolled around and I wish I were joking when I say this, but the stuff is actually addictive.  I found myself making excuses to take a shower (not all that hard in the summer, honestly), and wound up running through it before August was even on the horizon!

I've since tried the Vanilla Cinnamon scent, which was a bit eh to be honest, but after hearing some hype about the Fig shower gel from one of Meg's empties videos from last year, my Korres shower gel flame was rekindled, and I swiftly purchased it without so much as a sniff.  And ooooohhh, does it smell like summer in a bottle!  It's a juicy, fresh and green scent that is more than welcome in my shower, especially during the colder months, but it would also be extremely  refreshing, not to mention seasonally appropriate, in spring and summer.  And like all other Korres shower gels that I've tried it leaves your skin very lightly scented and slightly soft, and requires very little for a rich and nourishing lather.  Korres is also a very environmentally conscious brand, and is said to feature more than four-hundred natural ingredients (as in, found in nature) throughout the entirety of their skin care and makeup line.  Somehow, knowing that makes me feel less guilty about spending $20 on a shower gel.  And yes, I'm already planning which one I want to try out next.  All in the name of science, of course...

2 comments:

  1. Haha I'm the same way with Lisa Eldridge - everything she says is gospel :p Never tried Korres shower gels but sometimes they can be bought fairly discounted (albeit close to expiry date). Might check them out next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're at least worth a sniff (the Rose is increeeeedible!). xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...