Dupe Alert! NARS Orgasm

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Top picture; Nars Orgasm (L), Nyx Pinched (R), finger swatch; Nars top, Nyx bottom; hand swatch; Nars (L), Nyx (R), cheek swatch; Nars (L), Nyx (R).

To anyone who may be unfamiliar with the word "dupe", it's simply a short form of the word "duplicate".  In the makeup world, dupes are products that are extremely similar in appearance, and most often (but not always), there will be a sizable price difference between the two.  I stumbled across this pair of dupes accidentally, and even though I'm sure this exact post has been done by others in the past (I mean, how could it not have been??), I wanted to share this with you in case you were contemplating a future NARS purchase.

If you're a part of the beauty community, then I've no doubt you have at least heard of the "legend in its own time" blush, NARS Orgasm.  Described by Sephora as a peachy pink with subtle golden shimmer, it looks great on a variety of people, and thusly gained its immense following.  It lasts forever, is wearable with countless makeup looks, and is super handy to travel with, however there is one slight drawback: any NARS blush will set you back a nice $29.00.  Enter NYX Pinched (described on their website as "coral pink with gold glitter and iridescence", I might add).

I picked this up on a whim after seeing some youtube guru's favorites video (can't remember who?) way back in the summer, and being that NYX blushes are a mere $4.99 from Ulta, I thought nothing of the purchase.  It wasn't until I applied it the following week that I thought, 'Hmm...why does this look oddly familiar..?' and the connection was made.  It must be said that NARS Orgasm does have slightly more detectable shimmer in it than Pinched does, and Pinched appears a bit cooler and chalkier than Orgasm, and takes a few more swipes to get the same color payoff, but I just bet you couldn't tell I was wearing two different blushes in the above picture...

So it all comes down to what you're willing to splash; almost $30 for the authentic and legendary NARS blush, or a mere $5 for essentially the same blush, minus the snazzy NARS packaging.  And hey, if you still want the NARS blush after reading this just because it's a NARS blush, I'm no one to judge; I bought them both!

12 comments:

  1. Haha wow, they look exactly the same! Such a pretty color though. I was thinking about doing some NYX shopping soon. Thanks for the review!

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may do some more nyx shopping soon as well, I've been hearing such good things about so many of their products! x

      Delete
  2. looks amazing :)

    great blog


    jade
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so similar when worn! Great dupe - never previously heard of Pinched being one for Orgasm, now I have :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy! I thought everyone was going to tell me this was old news!

      Delete
  4. They are super similar! I'll definitely have to try out Nyx products- I've never tried any! I do admit that I'm a sucker for Nars packaging though :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nyx have got some hidden gems, but I'll admit to being a sucker for NARS packaging as well ;) x

      Delete
  5. Hi I'm a brand new follower. Love your blog!

    Wow! they look so much alike... I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the Nars or Nyx. I have been wanting to try Orgasm but the price has held me back. Will have to look into buying the Nyx one now. Thanks for this post!!!

    inabeautyworld.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ina, thank you for such a nice comment! Glad I could actually help xx

      Delete
  6. Wonderful dupe here, wow!

    They are incredibly similar, I'm so shocked!

    Amy xx
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm it looks like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any points for newbie blog writers? I'd definitely appreciate it.



    Feel free to surf to my website Sac a main Guess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Swatched both blushes while I was in New York last weekend and Pinched couldn't have been a better dupe! Saved myself $25 and bought the NYX blush.

    I hope you don't mind but I have also featured your look in my Spring Break makeup blog post below http://lisasherin.wordpress.com/2014/03/05/beauty-and-the-beach-5-beach-appropriate-makeup-looks/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...