Starting Small with Essie

Sunday, February 17, 2013




If you've been reading my blog for a while, then you'll know that this whole nail obsession (and yes, I think it's safe to say we're in obsessive, borderline addiction territory now) is a very recent development.  I never used to be one for painting my nails, and had been known to go three or four month stretches at a time with nothing more touching my nails than soap and water.  However, spurred on by the likes of Anna and Estée, I've grown rather attached to my little nail care routine.  I don't have a particularly large collection of polishes by any means, but Anna's video all about her bottles of Essie has sent my shop-happy brain into a frenzy of wish lists, cuticle gels, and nail tools, and consequently my online shopping cart is just about full to brimming.

After a quick survey of my meager little collection, I realized I had but two Essie polishes (which is more than I had originally thought), and seeking to amend the situation, I made a trip to trusty ol' Target to see what they had in the stocks.  Turns out Target has the cheapest Essie bottles around, retailing at less than $8 each, and I had a full scope of the selection before heading home with three new shades.  Two of which came in this cute miniature packaging (with a miniature glass nail file!!), which is great because I mean, how fast can you really get through a nail polish anyway?  Never having actually finished a bottle of polish myself, I jumped straight in with the minis.  The two colors featured are both equally famous Essie shades; the innocent and classic Ballet Slippers, and the more daring and deep Wicked.  Both were instant hits in my book, and even as I'm clacking away right now on the keys, I can't stop staring at my Wicked fingertips (Ballet Slippers is currently on the toes).

I personally love the formula of Essie polishes, although I know that plenty of people find that they chip quite easily.  I didn't get any chipping with either of these polishes until day three of wear, but then I never really wear the same color on my nails for more than four days anyway.  Two to three coats, and my nails were as opaque as the bottles themselves.  Beautiful, simple, and classic; I couldn't ask for two better colors to serve as the foundation for my budding Essie collection (wow, two whole semicolons in a post, what's that all about, eh?).  What are your favorite, or must-have Essie polishes?  I could use all the suggestions I can get!


Essie Christmas Gift Set,  $9.99

(Sidenote: I took the photos days after writing this post, and had to rush out quickly afterwards, one hand sporting Wicked, the other, well...not.  I'm sure I didn't look that odd, but trust me, I felt it.)

8 comments:

  1. I love Wicked! I adore those deep, vampy shades!

    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check my page for details!

    xx Christal xx
    LipstickAndPonytails.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this nail colors!
    These shades are my favorite too!

    ♡,
    Riza of Pour L' Instant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the darker colour x

    www.lucia-lolita.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried an Essie polish but you made me want to. I love ballet slippers and think its such a pretty shade. I need to see if I could go find some now.

    Jackie @ http://fashionxfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these shades!
    Great post

    www.itsflashyfash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! Well, great choice of a kit is more like it ;)

    Ballet Slippers is a nail polish I've always loved - it's so timeless! I've never owned Wicked but I really like the shade on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Essie ail polishes are the best. Love the pastel color and the deep burgundy.

    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...