Newly Released | Aveda Nourishmint Lip Color in Cana

Monday, February 4, 2013



The beauty world has always been enchanted by MAC, and I'm the first to say that I've fallen under their spell (I've still got a wish list about as long as both arms).  With oodles of youtube videos about favorite MAC lipsticks and collections, a never-ending color selection, and a semi-affordable price tag to boot, it's no wonder people get stuck in a rut (me included!) and stick to the lippies with the big name behind them.  But ever since my latest lipstick discovery, I've set aside my tubes of Russian Red and Cockney in favor of something a bit more dramatic.  Enter Aveda's newest lip offering, a nourishing and minty lipstick in "Cana"*.

Aveda is well-known for its salon services and the naturally-derived hair products that accompany them, however they also sell tea, fragrances, skin care and now cosmetics.  To keep up with the changing trends, a new makeup collection is released every few months, and this Spring's collection might make you rethink your next lipstick purchase.  New to the Nourishmint line is Cana, an intensely bright yellowy-red that keeps the lips moisturized during wear with a refreshing yet subtle mint scent.  It feels almost like a liquid lipstick when worn, and stays on for absolutely ages!  I've worn it for four hours straight at work, only to rush to the mirror in fear and find my lips just the way I left them.  The color is intense, the payoff opaque, and here comes the best bit: no liner required!  The rest of the collection contains another lipstick in a corally pink shade, two eye liners in green and blue, a very daring blush/highlighter, along with a few other bits.  To make the deal even sweeter, Aveda very recently re-formulated all of their products so that they no longer contain parabens (along with environmentally friendly packaging), so you can wear this lipstick with confidence and worry less about what's going in to your body, and more about, well...nothing really!  Available soon in Aveda retail stores, the nourishmint line (which also helps to reduce fine lines over time) goes for 16 bucks a pop.

Now that Spring is coming, we've got to make room for our peachy pinks and natural nudes, but we've still got February to get through, and what better way to celebrate the month of luuurve than with a bright red lip?  I'd love to know your current Spring lippie predictions, and your favorites to wear as the weather warms!

*Pre-release sample.

19 comments:

  1. It's so bright and gorgeous! I love it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is most decidedly not a quiet lip color! x

      Delete
  2. The colour looks so spunky and fun! I had no idea aveada had lip products, but I'm definitely attracted to the natural/organic aspect :)

    Steph // fun size beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love that it's paraben-free! And yeah, they actually have quite a few lip products! xx

      Delete
  3. Loving this red and it looks so gorgeous on you! I've never checked out Aveda products but may have to now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All in the name of research, right? :) xx

      Delete
  4. Love this, reminds me of Rubywoo!

    I'm running a giveaway on my blog, i'd love if you checked it out!

    caperepulchra.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shade, so vibrant! Gorgeous

    My latest posts are a 25 Facts About Me and OOTD - Black & Gold

    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour so much!! looks beautiful :)
    i wish i could pull of such a great colour!
    great post
    xx

    http://be-lieveinyou-rself.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful colour!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't even realise that aveda made makeup - the colour of this lipstick is beautiful! x

    www.lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, I honestly didn't know Aveda had a line of cosmetics! I agree, it is so easy to assume that MAC has the latest and greatest in lip products, but this shade gives MAC a run for their money! It looks lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats a perfect red! I love it!

    xx Christal xx
    LipstickAndPonytails.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love this! the salon i get my hair cut at is an aveda salon and both of the girls at reception were wearing this shade. one was pale & blonde and the other was tan with darker hair- it looked lovely on both of them! i was telling the girl how much i loved it and she put some on my lips before i left! it's gorgeous on! i'm going to have to go back and buy b\c i can't stop thinking about it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! The perfect, glossy red :)

      Delete
  12. That colour is absolutely stunning on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. My brother recommended I might like this website. He was entirely right.
    This submit truly made my day. You cann't believe just how much time I had spent for this information! Thank you!

    My web page Biotechnology Today

    ReplyDelete
  14. The most important cast-iron writers enjoy liftoff minds website burners
    features its own initial light-weight. There's information in relation to the whole set of most effective models and brands and therefore huge number of responsible customer reviews. This method merchandise posseses an additional decrease kits for this reason. This enables you to prepare the merchandise every single exhaustion designed to raise muffin array. Within this instance, climatic conditions could possibly be preserved by way of the bottom to top. The entire binder melts up, posting all the merged material supporting inside of contours your produced in which.

    My web-site; 24 single gas wall oven stainless steel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...