Multi-Purpose Heroes!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I was watching a video of Jessica's a few weeks back that reminded me of a couple of multi-tasking products I've got in my own home.  Vitamin E and Tea Tree oils; nothing fancy, and both readily accesible, yet both seem underutilized and definitely not talked about enough.  With a list of different uses about as long as my arm, they're both great oils to keep on hand for quick beauty fixes and other household patch-ups.

Vitamin E Oil: This oil is quite the multi-tasker, and is so concentrated that a little goes a very long way.  I use a few drops of it as a substitute for body lotion on extra dry skin, through the ends of my hair to keep my strands nourished, and as a bath additive for silky smooth skin, post soak.  It also works well to extend the life of homemade body scrubs (I added a few drops to one I made in September that's still going strong)!

Tea Tree Oil: Nature's antiseptic!  Tea tree oil can be used for many things, including the treatment of breakouts (it's definitely saved me several times in this department!), as part of a dilution to treat a sunburn, and can even be used in a water solution to disinfect household objects.  Possibly my favorite use for this pungent little oil is to sprinkle a few drops onto the floor of the shower or into a hot, steamy bath to promote easier breathing and to clear out the sinuses when sick.

I hope that was at least somewhat helpful, and if you know any other uses for these guys please let me know!  I'd also love to hear about any of your favorite multi-purpose products, because I just love a good multi-tasker!

4 comments:

  1. These are some great suggestions! I really need to invest in some Vitamin E for my super dry skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really helpful, especially for areas like the elbows and heels! x

      Delete
  2. I use the The body shop blotting paper with tea tree oil:-)
    Vitamin E is a must, right?:)
    http://abiriza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Vitamin E oil! Apparently it can even help fade scars if applied daily for long enough! x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...