Korres Lip Butter Glazes

Wednesday, February 27, 2013


Famous among beauty gurus for their shower gels and lip butters, Greece-based Korres are well-regarded as a brand and company for being environmentally aware, and for utilizing over 400 all natural and certified organic ingredients within their product range.  If you've seen any one of my youtube videos, then there's a pretty fair chance you'll have heard me talk about one of their lip butter glazes, and learning that their packaging is largely bio-degradable and recyclable makes me feel even less guilty for owning three of them!

I first purchased the shade Laurel on a whim back in October after learning that I was the proud owner of a new job.  I was milling about the Korres stand in Sephora, and was planning on buying a Lip Butter as I'd heard so much about them on youtube and blogs, but when I saw a squeeze tube version I did a double take.  Never being one to like sticking my fingers into pots of goopy balms, I couldn't understand why I hadn't heard one word about the glazes.  I thought that there must have been something the matter with them to hear absolutely no buzz about them at all, but I had a hunch and took the $14 gamble, and guess what?  It. Paid. Off.  Easily my favorite lip product of last year (and this year, if I don't find anything else to take the crown), the Korres lip butter glazes are non-tacky, easy to apply, and are extremely hand due to their compact size.  As if that weren't enough, they are fairly hydrating, and stay on for hours at a time.  Offering a slightly sheer wash of vanilla-milkshake scented glaze (I mean), these lip butters to-go are simply the best I've ever tried.  Not that I come across many products labelled, "lip butter glaze", but I'm sure you get my drift.  And at $14 a tube (for 0.34oz), I had little problem rewarding myself on my newest job acquisition with two more colors from the line.  My budding collection now includes Wild Rose, a deep, sheer red, Crocus, described by Sephora as a sheer lavender, which is surprisingly my new favorite, along with the old standard, Laurel, a peachy pink.

Now, I have the sneaking suspicion that the lip glaze hype missed Korres out because the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfecter won beauty bloggers' hearts last year.  And while I have yet to try the Clarins glazes and thus have no basis for comparison, if you can get your hands on both, I strongly recommend testing out the two brands before deciding which ones to buy, as Korres not only offers a better deal dollar/ounce-wise, but there are also seven shades to choose from, as compared with Clarins' three (although soon to be six in May).  To put it plainly, Clarins is going to have to have something pretty darn special inside those tubes of theirs to win me over!

Korres Lip Butter Glazes in Laurel, Crocus, and Wild Rose, $14 each.  Available at Sephora.

9 comments:

  1. I didn't even know these existed so thanks for the heads up! x Becky

    cosmeticdebris.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that's part of the reason these have so little hype around them! I'm currently trying to hunt down a store that sells them in the UK, and I'll update you when I find it. x

      Delete
  2. I'm not a huge fan of glossy finishes but Wild rose is really pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The deep payoff was definitely unexpected, but I sort of love it :)

      Delete
  3. Oohhh I need wild rose! Going to have to try and track these down! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to find a place that sells them in the UK at the moment. No luck yet, but I'll update this post when I find it. :)

      Delete
  4. Crocus looks divine! Sounds like another trip to Sephora for me! :-)

    xx Christal xx
    LipstickAndPonytails.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Korres has the best lip products. I love their lip butter in Jasmine. So creamy and hydrating and adds the perfect pink tint

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...