All Made Up | Sick Day Makeup

Thursday, February 14, 2013



Welp, it's that time of year again.  The day where couples the world over go out for dinner because they kinda sorta have to, and the singles do whatever the hell they want, because that's what being single is all about!  That's about as far as I'll go with Valentine's Day content, as I couldn't really be bothered to dedicate a post to the holiday (read: my imagination is shit and I couldn't come up with anything halfway decent), and instead I bring you another post featuring me, all made up.

Yesterday was my first day at a new job, and even though I was still quite audibly sick and every cell in my body was telling me absolutely not to come near my face with any sort of makeup whatsoever, I decided to take pity on the general public and covered up some trouble areas so that I looked at least somewhat socially acceptable.  I couldn't quite bring myself to apply a foundation, so I tried out my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Sand (mixed with Nude, and applied with fingers) over the top of some Laura Mercier Foundation Primer (a very Laura day, I'll admit), to good results; nice coverage, but no cake face, and my skin still had room to breathe. Some of my MAC Studio Sculpt concealer in NW25 (discontinued) over some leftover visible redness, a teensy dusting of Clinique's Stay Matte Sheer pressed powder over the end of my nose and forehead, and I could move on to the cheeks.

I was feeling rather low maintenance, so I dotted some of my Benefit Posie Tint on both cheeks, and blended out with fingers.  On top of my cheekbones went some of my Benefit High Beam highlighter to simulate a healthy glow, and underneath both cheekbones, a blended stripe of my MAC MSF Natural in Medium Deep, for a touch of definition.  Easy peasy.

For the eyes, I got a little complicated, but only because I felt the need to make a good first impression.  I don't start any eye makeup without a blob of my Urban Decay Primer Potion, and on top of that went three colors from my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette that I use far too much; Suspect on lid, Snakebite in crease, and Busted in outer V and on lower lash line.  A quick flick of my Eyeko Skinny liquid liner, which in my opinion is good but not great, one coat of Maybelline The Falsies mascara in Black Drama, and my eyes were done.  All that was left was to swipe some Bobbi Brown corrector in Peach under both eyes for that "I'm totally not sick"look, and it was on to the lips.

Feeling a bit tired after all the fuss with my eyes, I kept it simple in the lip department.  A dab of MAC's Kinda Sexy, and a gloss-over with my Korres Lip Butter Glaze in Laurel (my fall-back lip combo), and I was almost out the door.  The finishing touch?  A box of cough drops to add to the makeup bag, of course!  So with makeup on, hair sort of done, and a pack of cough drops and tissues at the ready, I finally dashed out for work, and realized how much I had missed the smell of fresh air.

So Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  I've penciled in some time tonight for a nice, long, aromatic bath followed by a Bridget Jones DVD, but that's just me, eh ;)  What are you beautiful people up to?

18 comments:

  1. I seriously love the lip stick you used :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite MAC lipstick of the moment! x

      Delete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day! What a lovely look. I also love the lipstick, but the eyes looks amazing as well. I need to get more use out of my Naked 2. And you have such beautiful eyes!

    Hope you feel better soon! :)

    http://stephsbeautyboutique.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah, thank you Stephanie! I live out of my Naked 2 palette, and that lipstick is like the golden child of my collection ;)

      Delete
  3. I love my Maybelline Falsies and basically any Urban Decay eye palette is golden! I've been wanting to try the Laura Mercier silk creme foundation because I've heard it's amazing full coverage! I'm sure the tinted moisturizer is better than most sheer coverage foundations! ;p Haha. Amazing look, you're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking into the foundation for a while myself. It's definitely going to get bought, it's just a question of when.. :)

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely simple look, very natural! Good luck on the new job btw - where are you working?

    Laura xx - Black & Gold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! I've just started another salesy type job at a bathing suit company. Definitely not my dream job, but it's fun for now.

      Delete
  5. Wow, you look gorgeous and your skin has such an healthy glow - I couldn't tell you were sick LOL! Hope you're feeling better now x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous - I'd never tell you we're sick! Love the eye makeup x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look lovely here! I love MAC and urban decay. Every time I see these benefit products, I want to buy them! Hehe, your blog is lovely, so I followed you! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. HEy doll! I've always wanted to try out benefits high beam and Posie tint – do you know where I can order them? :)

    I can't wait to see your reply on my blog. :)

    http://searchingforLBD.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous makeup, even though your unwell x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award :) you can check out my post here :)

    Laura xx - Black & Gold

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this look :)
    Anna x

    onthedressingtable.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. For sick day makeup this is a gorgeous look. Love your eyes!
    Would love to follow each other. If you would like check out my blog and let me know :)

    Xx, www.heyitslulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...