The Tropical Trend | Origins Never a Dull Moment

Wednesday, January 23, 2013


Never a Dull Moment (left), as compared to Ren's Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal mask.

If you've kept tabs on the popular skincare leanings over the past few months, you'll have noticed Ren's name pop up quite a bit.  Featuring in nearly every beauty bloggers' year-end favorites video, the Ren Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal mask made quite a splash on many a face last year.  With such tropical ingredients as pineapple, lemon and papaya fruit extracts featured in its formula, and promises of a brighter, tighter complexion, it's no wonder the famously-natural skincare brand made beauty headlines.  But despite all the buzz, there was just one hitch in the REN bandwagon: a 50mL bottle of the stuff set you back a hefty $55USD.  Yikes!

Never one to shy away from a good product-hunt, I got to work straight away tracking down comparable products at prices that weren't as steep.  Enter Origins, a skincare brand with a nearly identical mission to Ren's, with Never a Dull Moment.

Not really a mask, yet not exactly an exfoliator either, this so-called "face polisher" sets out to conquer a laundry list of skin concerns.  Right from the jump, Orgins professes a more youthful, radiant complexion, nipping dull skin firmly in the bud.  Funnily enough, this yummy-smelling scrub (shall we say?) also features tropical fruits on the ingredients list, the most prominent being mango, apricot, and - ta-da - papaya fruit extracts.  Tropical fruit extracts are apparently very effective in treating the skin topically, and are most effective at leaving the skin supple by eating away at dead surface cells, a very specific task that Never a Dull Moment claims to do (and does!).

Simply rub this, er, scrub into damp, freshly cleansed skin as you would normally, and you'll notice it has a similar texture to Ren's offering.  It floats around on the thicker end of the scale, but still feels sort of like spreading jelly onto your face, with a few small seeds mixed in for good measure.  How long you leave this paste on your face is up to you.  I've noticed some definite skin benefits after wiping off with a washcloth almost straight away, but the serious exfoliation comes in when you let the fruit extracts alone to do their thing.  Leave the stuff on for an extra two minutes, as a sort of mini-mask, and you'll come away with some seriously soft skin that will be thanking you almost immediately.  It may not leave your skin as hydrated as the Ren mask does, but a quick slick of moisturizer, and your face will be none the wiser.

Not forgetting that it also smells like gorgeous tropical fruits, Origins delivers one final benefit.  Weighing in at just under half the price of Ren's Glycol Lactic (and with more than double the amount of product to boot) Origin's Never a Dull Moment is the easy winner in my eyes for supple skin that seriously glows. What do you think, are you faithful to Ren, or would you give NaDM a shot?  I've had my hands on a small sample of the Ren mask myself, and while I did enjoy the experience of using it the few times as a whole, I just don't think I'll ever fork over the cash and indulge when I've got something so similar in my stocks at home, and for the considerably lighter price tag of $27.  Hmm, that's weird?  I think I just heard my wallet breathe a sigh of relief!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love Origins products, although I don't get around to purchasing them as often as I'd like. This as you say, er, scrub looks amazing and I'm sure smells great too! I love these sorts of face products and am going to add this to my list of wants! :D I am a new follower! Love your posts style!

    Hill
    http://thebugthatfleeps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hillary! It's definitely worth at least a look, if not a smell as well ;) x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...