Golden Eye | Face of the Day

Monday, January 21, 2013


Today was one of those days where I found myself with a little extra time to primp and preen (bless these early starts), and not wanting to squander an opportunity to have a little play around with my makeup, I tried something new.

For a start, I had to break out my staple winter foundation, Clinique's Superbalanced foundation in 05 Vanilla, and topped it with tons of MAC's MSF Natural in Medium Deep as both my contour and blush color.  I also dabbed some of Benefit's Moonbeam onto my cheekbones and cupid's bow, for a touch of the shine.  And in three easy steps, my base was done.

For the super golden eye colors, I covered my lid with MAC's Woodwinked, and filled in the outer-V with another shadow by MAC called Bronze.  I used my ol' reliable Maybelline Line Stiletto to outline my upper lid as usual, but decided to get a bit fancy with the lowers.  I whipped out my Smashbox Cream Liner palette, and patted the Blue Amethyst color (bottom row, second from left) into my waterline.  If you asked me why blue, I don't think I could tell you, really.  I finished up the eye area with my standard trio: Clinique High Impact mascara on the lashes, a bit of MAC's Mystery through the brows, and a few pats of my HG Bobbi Brown corrector in Peach under the eyes.

The lips I kept quite simple, as I had probably been a bit too adventurous with my eyes.  I lined with MAC's Stripdown, and glossed over with a mini of Urban Decay's Lip Junkie in Naked.

Who knows, maybe this isn't worth replicating again.  Either way, I'm stuck with this makeup now as I'm off to work in a matter of minutes.  Probably should have thought of that before I went and tried a completely new look!  Oops.

11 comments:

  1. Woodwinked is my go-to golden shade. I especially love it when I'm tan in the summer. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, you look great! I also own both Woodwinked and Bronze, and they are my faves for a golden eye :D

    Jen xx
    jentea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, I think I'll have a play around with my makeup more often! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty eye look. Don't own the shadows you used but your post is making me want to buy them :) Xx

    mollysbeautyspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you! I definitely get a lot of use of out both. x

      Delete
  5. Really love the eyelook you created here - very wearable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think so! I was so unsure about the blue liner, but I'm hoping it was subtle enough as I had to wear this makeup to work! x

      Delete
  6. This is beautiful, it suits your eye colour a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this eye look, my god your eyes are just gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this eyeshadow combination!

    If you could, check out my blog that I share with my best friend! Thank you!
    http://unlimitedwants.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...