Embracing the January Blues

Wednesday, January 30, 2013



Once again, I am late to the party.  February will be here in a matter of hours, and I'm still talking about the dead of winter, but bear with me here.  Seeing as how last week's nail post was so utterly subdued, this week I decided to jump feet first into the world of color.  And what with January being the sad little month that it is, what better color to paint them than blue?

I picked this jazzy little bottle up the other day on a galavant through Brooklyn Heights with my mom and sister.  After moseying about a thrift store for a while, I found a teensy little nail polish section consisting of just two polishes, so I essentially stole OPI's "Blue My Mind" (cheeky) for the extremely fair price of $2 USD.  I'm not sure you can get this in drugstores anymore, but I found an online link here for around nine bucks. 

The brush was about as thick as the bottle (I kid, but it was huge), and I found it rather hard to apply the polish to my beds without also painting the surrounding skin.  Application process aside, the wet paint turned to dry in a matter of minutes, and I only needed two even coats before I could get back to waving my hands about as usual.  To make the deal even sweeter, this polish passed my paper transfer test, so you needn't worry that the pages of your favorite magazine will be sporting stripes of blue, due to some accidental swatting. 

The color is not exactly my cup of tea, but I decided that stepping out of my comfort zone meant I had to go big, so big I went.  Next week, I'll probably be sporting a more subdued greige or nudey polish, but for now, I'm actually starting to enjoy the bright pop at the end of my digits.  Phewf, but after all this excitement, I'm feeling more neutral than usual.  I'm seeing Revlon's Bare Bones in my near future...

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet deal! 2 bucks?!?!? Great color. I've been feeling the "blues" lately too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely my cheapest nail polish purchase yet! xx

      Delete
  2. That's such a pretty color! I'm not a huge fan of OPI polishes because of the HUGE brushes- I know what you mean about painting your skin instead :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I much prefer the Essie brushes, yeah. If you ever see the Nicole or the Sephora line by them, the brushes are actually much more reasonable. x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...