Cheap Thrills: Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipsticks

Friday, January 18, 2013




In the world of beauty, there really is nothing like a bargain, and I'm rarely one to say no.  Any time I can scrimp and save, I will, in a vain attempt to keep my wallet and my budget on speaking terms. However whilst traipsing through the aisles at my local CVS recently, trying desperately to remember the list of things I initially went in for, I stumbled upon a deal that seemed almost too good to be true.  But true it was, and I found myself snatching up two tubes of the blogger-favorite Rimmel Lasting Finish matte lipsticks by Kate Moss, for the price of one and a half.  It took me no time at all to forget exactly what I actually needed from the drugstore, and to instead begin fretting about which of the five different colors offered would go best with my skin tone.  I ended up selecting the shades 104 (UK shade 101, I believe), a hearty dusty lilac, and 109 (UK shade 110), a whimsically light, yet wearable, pinky-orange, with no luck locating the elusive fan-favorite, shade 107.

To say I was pleasantly surprised by these lipsticks would be an understatement.  The color payoff is quite strong and opaque, and the creamy formula is almost on par with most matte MAC lipsticks.  To top it all off, they wear extremely well.  During my day-test, I stashed the tubes in my bag, thinking I'd have to reapply after an hour or so of wear.  Much to my surprise I went a whole four hours before even starting to contemplate reapplication, which is apparently to do with their ruby powder-enriched formula.  Never mind pleasantly surprised, I was flat out shocked!  

I had heard plenty of beauty bloggers profess their love for these magical mattes, but never one to believe the hype, I had to try it for myself.  Plus, being the little MAC fangirl that I am, I'd never really given much consideration to drugstore lip product offerings. Well, consider me converted!  I can almost feel these incredibly wearable and hydrating lipsticks creeping their way into my everyday makeup routine.  

After focusing on all of the positive points, the only downside that I could even imagine is that the scent in the tubes may be a bit much for some people.  Never one to turn down flowers, I personally don't mind it, but the lipsticks do have quite a strong floral smell to them.

I picked mine up for a nice $5 USD each, bringing my grand total to an almost too reasonable $7.50 with the sales offer.  Have any of you got your hands on these yet?  I'm planning to get mine on the rest of the line by the end of the day tomorrow (oops)!

12 comments:

  1. The orangey red is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these shades are so pretty, I particularly like the second one. Definitely look out for shade 107 next time! It's beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these, I have the blush pink colour, looking into getting more though!

    caperepulchra.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors. I think I like the red best x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sooo undecided on my favorite, all I know is I'm definitely swooping back in for the rest of the colors ASAP! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard great things about the Kate Moss line! They look so fab on you, I definitely wanna try them out for myself now :)

    Thank you for your comment! I love connecting w/ other bloggers and am following you now :)

    <3, Mel
    beautytribune.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had meant to hit the follow button on your blog as well, don't know how I missed doing it! And yeah, the Kate Moss lipsticks are definitely worth a look, they are almost too nice for the drugstore! x

      Delete
  7. What a bargain! :) I haven't tried them myself but I don't think I've read a negative review yet.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got nothing bad to report, except that I'm pretty sure we got gipped on color selection here in the states. The lovely reds I saw on all the UK blogs are nowhere to be found! x

      Delete
  8. gorgeous shades, I have 101 but really want some others from the collection :) Both look lovely on you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Kate Moss lippy's but have not yet tried the matte ones. 109 looks stunning on you :-)

    Becky

    beckys makeup

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Stacey and Becky, Thank you both! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...