All Made Up | The Interview

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Uggh, the dreaded job interview.  Ever the anxiety-inducing experience, I tried to pare my makeup routine down to the bare essentials to lessen at least some of the stress.  I was left with an easy-going, but still professional looking face that (hopefully) made me appear approachable, yet still put together.  Obviously this might not be the makeup for you if you're applying for an artistry job at MAC or someplace similar, but it'll do in a pinch if you're looking to appear professional, and non drama mama-esque.

For a base, I went with my Maybelline Fit Me foundation because it matches my skin-tone well, and I didn't want or need any carrot-faced moments cropping up when meeting with a potential employer for the first time.  I stuck a bit of my Clarins Instant Light Perfecting Touch primer (phewf!) underneath, just to minimize any slippage.  A slap of some Bobbi Brown Peach corrector under the eyes, a stripe of my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Deep down each cheek (blended in, of course!), and that was my face done.

For time's sake, I kept the eyes pretty minimal.  I used shades exclusively from my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette, and decided to pass on the harsh lines of liquid liner to keep my appearance soft.  I swiped the shade Bootycall across my lid, blended a bit of Tease through my crease, and used my MAC 266 brush to add a subtle hint of Blackout as liner.  A coat of my Clinique High Impact mascara in Black, a bit of MAC's Mystery eyeshadow combed through the brows, and I was nearly there.

The last, and most simple step was the lips.  In keeping with the ever-helpful K.I.S.S. principle, I kept it simple, stupid, and went with my fool-proof and trusty old Korres Lip Butter Glaze in Laurel.  It makes it look like you've done something with your lips, while still keeping them quite au-naturale.  I couldn't forget the nails, so I went with the newest polish in my collection, Revlon's Bare Bones.  And holy hell, what a stunner; I can't stop staring at my fingertips!!

So that's what I wear when I want to look totally calm and full of casualosity (thanks, Gee).  Nothing too brash or in-your-face, because I'm sure I'd find a way to mess that up and wind up scrubbing my eyeliner off with ten minutes to go.  I'd love to hear any of your interview makeup tips if you've got em.  So...now that I've got the makeup down, I just need to get the job!


[ P.S. The title of this post is an attempt to bring some form of organization to my blog.  I've done Face of the Day posts in the past, but from now on they will be packaged with the "All Made Up" label, because I like it better :) ]

Also!  A big thank you to all who entered my giveaway which concluded last night at midnight.  I'd like to congratulate Lorraine on her win, and welcome all of my new readers with open-arms!!  Love you all :)

11 comments:

  1. Back to basics! I like it - a very no makeup, makeup look :-)

    xx Christal xx
    LipstickAndPonytails.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this simple look. I think I'd do the same thing as you (K.I.S.S.) and keep the makeup really simple. Hope your interview went well! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Annick! Currently crossing my fingers, toes, legs, and anything else I can find! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so good! The makeup is very bright and natural, perfect for the workplace! I hope you get the job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you think so! And things are quite possibly looking up in the job department... :)

      Delete
  5. This is so pretty! and amazing products, right up my street! Great post lovely!

    Becky
    beckys makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet, thank you! This post was filled with products I reach for almost daily :) xx

      Delete
  6. Fantastic post! Just what I needed, really. I'm currently looking for a job and sweating the interview process! I've made a note of which UD Naked 2 shadows you used because that combination looks lovely on you and hopefully it'll work for me too :) I hope you get the job!

    -Lindsey
    Bibliogloss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you! I wish job hunting wasn't so stressful, but it will all pay off (heh) in the end :) xx

      Delete
  7. Looks really nice. Less is more when it comes to job interviews and this looks lovely and natural!

    Hope all went well at the interview!

    Emma xx

    http://uglybugbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...