A Day Off | The Met, Condensed

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Before you start fretting that you've accidentally started following a lifestyle blog, yes this is still a beauty blog!  Today I thought I'd get a bit more personal and show you what makes me tick, through a day's worth of photographs.  Art has been an integral part of my life since I was young, and it's safe to say that my sister and I were raised to appreciate the finer things in life.  So I spent my last day off this week getting lost with my sister and a few friends inside the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.  Being the snap-happy new shutterbug that I am, I took about a bajillion pictures, but I've sifted through and culled my favorites into this post.  (One is NSFW).

If you've never had the privilege to visit the Met (as it is so affectionately called), I hope you enjoy this tiny little scratch at the surface of the abundant art-lover's paradise that's housed within.  I discover a new collection each time I visit, which is at least once a year.  If you've ever been to the Met, I'd love to know what some of your favorite exhibits are (because I know I haven't even seen the half of them!).

It's nice to have a bit of a beauty break, but tomorrow I'll be back with my regularly scheduled programming!



















6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day to me! In there reminds me so much of the Art Institute in Chicago.... Good times :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is so definitely on my list of "places to go"!

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh I love The Met! Hands down my favorite museum in the U.S.! (And I've been to a lot!)
    <3, Mel
    beautytribune.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Met is definitely one of my favorite spots in NY! I love that they keep it old school with all of their classy permanent installations, but that they also stay modern with newer special exhibits. It is so the best :) x

      Delete
  3. The MET is one place I want to visit before I die. I LOVE museums! One day!

    Great blog by the way! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I find myself going at least once a year, and I always find something new to fall in love with :) x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...