Wet 'n' Wild Comfort Zone Palette: Not So Comfortable...

Thursday, December 13, 2012


You know those times when you're just waiting around a train station and you've got a significant amount of time to kill, so you just start perusing newsstands and drugstores nearby and spending money that you probably had better uses for, but now there's just no getting it back?  Well that was me last week.  In the thirty minutes I should have spent twiddling my thumbs in the NJ Transit waiting room, I instead chose to pick myself up some magazines, a rehydrating sports drink (ahem), and of course a few drugstore makeup items.  In my groggy head, I somehow worked it out that I would be better served picking up an eyeshadow palette, rather than the Advil I so desperately needed.  But, what's done is done, as they say.

When I got home and had taken my photos (call me anal, that's fine), I cracked the palette open for personal use, and discovered that the colors are really quite pigmented.  You don't need to swipe a ton of times at all to get a very strong color payoff.  Quite unexpected in a drugstore makeup palette, but then this particular item does have its fair share of hype around it.  The colors are varied enough that you could easily create a day or nighttime look, and all for under five dollars!  The defining colors are definitely my favorite of the set, as I have no other shadows like them.  Especially that reddish-blue one on the bottom right (though it shows up more red on the lid)!

Now onto the bad news.  I've discovered something that will keep me from ever using Wet 'n' Wild eye makeup ever again.  I'm allergic.  Because of course, that's just how my life goes.  I have had very little luck with drugstore makeup in the past, so I don't know why I thought it would be different this time.  I always lose when I can't test out a product.  So if you have particularly sensitive eyes, steer clear of this palette.  Otherwise, lucky you!  Before I started tearing up from the actual shades themselves, I discovered the shadows to be very blendable, highly pigmented, and very versatile.  All around a great palette, as long as your body doesn't reject it!

This Wet 'n' Wild palette is available in most US drugstores for $4.99.  I bought mine at Duane Reade.  If you're at all interested in some of the other eye palettes that Wet 'n' Wild have to offer, I would direct you to Estee's blog post.

Now I'm off to go get my Christmas tree!


14 comments:

  1. Aww that's terrible to hear! My cousin is really sensitive to makeup and she reacts the same way you do but with basically ANY makeup item.
    I own this palette and it's so nice. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've experimented enough to learn that I can wear it in the crease without a problem, but anything on the lid has me itching and teary. It's sad because I really do think this is a gorgeous palette. So sorry for your cousin! x

      Delete
  2. Oh nooo. The left side of the palette looks amazing! That sucks. :( I wish we could get this brand easily in the UK, I've been reading good reviews on these! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that sucks about the allergy! The palette does look really pretty and pigmented, especially for the $5 pricetag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Fernanda Ahh, but you have access to Sleek, which I've been dying to try!

    @Amelia Yeah, it sucks I'm allergic, but I'm sure a lot of non-sensitive people could get great use out of it! It's otherwise a really gorgeous palette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors are beautiful - and the price amazing. Because of your allergy you may not be able to answer my question. Do the colors last? Do you have a base or concealer that you like to set eye shadow so that it lasts longer and doesn't flake off and disappear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ALWAYS start my eye makeup with Urban Decay's primer potion for eyes. It keeps literally any eye makeup from moving all day.

      Delete
  6. Great review :)


    Looks really really good :)

    Love,

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww sorry to hear about your allergy! I picked up this palette a few months ago because of the hype but I keep forgetting about it....lol.....I felt like that about Elf's primer as well....i had a rash for almost 2 weeks :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh! I suppose in the world of makeup, you win some, you lose some. Ugh, I just hate losing, though!

      Delete
  8. Oh, that stinks that you're allergic! Though I guess it goes to show, drugstore brands often use cheap ingredients, hence why they sell for cheap. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe too bad you're allergic! I looooove this palette!
    <3, Mel
    beautytribune.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm bummed that I couldn't get any use out of it myself, but it's super pigmented, and budget-friendly so I definitely understand the hype! x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...