Mini Lush Holiday Haul + Review

Wednesday, December 12, 2012


Oh man, you guys.  So a new business has opened up just around the corner from where I work, and I'm sure you can only guess what it is.  Yes, Lush understood my need and opened up shop about 100 feet away from me because they knew that my money would soon become their's.  Holy hell, this is the worst place they could have come, for my wallet's sake really.

But regardless of my already super tight budget, I made a visit.  I mean I couldn't very well just ignore a store that opened a mere two days ago, could I??  I had just cleaned the bathroom yesterday, and realized that it was missing something festive, and that my soap dish was empty (whoa now, I had liquid soap, before you go getting any ideas!).  So off I went to Lush on a mission.  I met some really really nice new people, and out I left with more than I planned on taking with me.

My first stop was of course for some soap.  I love that the whole store seems like a little marketplace, and that they cut your soap like it's cheese.  Three years on and I still can't get over it.  I picked up some holiday edition Snow Globe soap which, I kid you not, smells like citrus heaven.  I realize that I use the word heaven to describe most scents, but it's a one hundred percent accurate description, honest.  I cut it in half so that both bathrooms could smell like Lush (and omG they do).

I also couldn't leave without a Twilight bath bomb (that big pink guy up there), as it's one of my favorite products that Lush do.  It has been a while since I've had one, so I forgot that this isn't the kind of bath bomb you can just split in two (unless you like ruined surprises).  Later on, I ended up just chucking the whole thing in the bath after an unsuccessful attempt to break it apart, and my bath water turned a beautiful light purple color.  Eventually, my entire bathroom smelled like lavender (there were even a few bubbles!), and all was right in the world.

Last, but not least, I bought the Christmas Eve bubble bar.  I haven't used this one yet (Keep in mind, I just bought these not even 24 hours ago. This is me showing restraint.), but it smells absolutely wonderful.  Would you even expect anything less?  It's not as strong as the other two, but I can tell I'm going to have a nice few baths when I use it.  It smells a bit floral, but it's hard to put my finger on the exact scent (jasmine, I'm told).  I'm already counting down the hours to my next bath!  I'm even planning what to buy the next time I visit...

Here you can find Snow Globe, Twilight, and Christmas Eve.  Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. Love this post!!! I need to try that Twilight bath bomb!! That sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes for a thoroughly relaxing bath time experience, I'll tell you that much!

      Delete
  2. Lavender is very soothing and induces restfulness. I love the scent. I would buy a Twilight as a hostess present when staying overnight at a friend's house. Lavender is an amazing scent that lasts a long time. I have pillows with lavender that I bought 15 years ago that are still fresh and fragrant. Lush here I come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like lavender, you'll love Lush, as they carry quite a few products with lavender in them. But I will warn you that the store is going to smell quite strong! x

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the Christmas Eve bubble bar. I try to ration the bars I get since it's only around this time of year, but I always end up going overboard and running out by February. I'm looking forward to even more Lush posts from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the budget allows, there'll be more comin! I can never stay away that long. x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...