Looser Curls with My New Hair Hero!

Friday, December 28, 2012

My new hero, the Curl Controller, whose packaging will resemble that of the Enhancer (R).

































The above picture is a reminder of how flat, short and spirally my curls are without the Controller.

By now, it should be no secret that I work for Aveda, a company focused on natural skin, hair and body care solutions.  Now, I'm not going to go parading around every single Aveda product just because I bought it, or was given it to try, but as this is essentially my online beauty diary, I just have to share this one product that I've been itching to talk about for weeks!  This coming Sunday, Aveda will be launching two new curly hair styling products; a spray aimed at tightening the curl, and a liquid gel that gives you a looser curl.  For the sake of this blog post, I will be focusing on the latter, because it has quickly become a staple in my hair styling routine.

The Curl Controller, as it is formally called, is made with aloe and wheat protein, and works to lengthen the curl pattern without weighing the hair down.  The product itself is very light and has a rather thin consistency.  I use it by applying to wet/damp clean hair after I've applied a leave-in treatment (Mixed Chicks is my l.i.t. of choice!), and following up with some hair oil and John Frieda's Frizz Ease hair spray.  It is recommended that you whip your hair into a loose braid to enhance the curl lengthening process, but I usually just end up plopping my hair up on top of my head in a cotton t-shirt for about fifteen minutes.  Starting with the Be Curly Style Prep and finishing with the new hair spray is also recommended for getting looser curls, but I haven't got the Style Prep as of yet, so for now I'm making do with what I've got.

Either way, I love this product because it allows us girls with kinky or spirally textures a chance to walk on the wavy side!  I've used this every time I've washed my hair for the past three weeks or so, and I can't get enough of it.  It's like a bunch of beachy waves in a bottle!

This product is available in Aveda stores for $21 USD.  Even if you're unsure about it, at least go test it out, or ask for a sample in store.  Not that this should make much of a difference, but it even smells divine!  Definitely not a bad deal.

Let me know if you end up trying this, and do let me know what your favorite curly hair products are?  Or your favorite hair products in general?  I will be in need of a new super moisturizing conditioner pretty soon...


3 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I need a product to help out my curls, and this looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love this! It doesn't give you any hold really, but it loosens out the curl pattern really well and is great for frizz. xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, your hair is so pretty! I have a few Aveda hair products that my mom passed on to me and I love the way they smell! They really do work so well...as expected!

    giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...