I Got Naked...2!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012






Foxy, Half Baked, Booty Call, Chopper

Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol

Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout


Oh, how I love Sephora (and a good pun)!  I took advantage of a coupon they sent my way recently which gave me $15 off if I spent fifty dollaz.  I went in thinking I would come out with a few new Tarte Amazonian blushes, but as is custom with Sephora, I came out with something completely different than what I had gone in for.  I soon realized that this would be the perfect opportunity for me to take the plunge into the world of the Naked 2 palette, so I snapped it up, took it to the register, and payed a price that I was much more comfortable with!

The colors are versatile, and I could see many of them lending a helping hand to either a day or night time look.  They are easily applied, and most are highly pigmented.  I would have loved to have more matte shades, but it seems that matte finishes are not Urban Decay's strong points.  I can't wait for Christmas parties to start, as I can definitely tell I'll be getting some use out of the darker shades on nights out!  As it stands right now, I'd have to say that Busted and Half Baked are shaping up to be my favorite shades of the bunch.  They are unlike any eyeshadows I own and are just so interesting to look at, not to mention the color payoff is pretty excellent!

As for the palette itself, the packaging is beautiful, hefty, and simple.  It even comes packaged with a brush that's halfway decent, and I've used it to apply an entire eye look in one go with no problems.  I've never owned the original Naked palette, but when I compared the two in store, Naked 2 seemed much more my speed with more matte colors to choose from, what seemed like more attractive shades, and sturdier packaging to boot.

I can already tell that I'm going to get a ton of use out of this palette, and am already planning my next eye look with it for tomorrow!  But as you know, in the world of makeup, everyone's always on the lookout for the next best thing, and I have already staked out my next neutral palette purchase: Stila's In The Know palette!  But that's another post for another day.

The palette retails for $50 USD and is available online and in Sephora stores.

Do you own Naked 2, and do you think it's better than the original?  If not, what's your favorite neutral eye palette, or one you've had your eye on for a while?



9 comments:

  1. They came out with the Naked 3 palette that is 6 matte colors I believe. But I asked for the Naked 2 palette for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been debating whether or not to get it since I already have Naked 1. It seems like an amazing palette though.
    I still haven't used my $20 off Sephora. I just don't know what to get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Naked 3 palette! Life is too good! Ha ha, and Coco, I have the same issue. I want so many different things that it was really hard for me to narrow it down. I must have been walking around the store for 25 minutes! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i personally don't have it, but i definitely love the shades in it!

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so weird! I was contemplating using that same coupon on this palette too! haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of the smarter decisions I've made recently! x

      Delete
  6. I am new to the world of the " Naked Palette." With fair skin and green eyes which do you think would work best for me? I' m intrigued with the product. It sounds like a good way to start the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's really something for everyone with this palette, although I find it a tad bit too shimmery at times. I'm really not that adventurous with my eyeshadows (hence the entire neutral palette), so what I recommend is really figuring out what works best for your eye shape. From there you can decide what you want to stand out (lighter colored shadows help here), and what you want to appear sunken (darker shadows help with this one). As far as green eyes, I've always been told that purples look good, but I can't see how! So long as it's not too garish a color or shade, I'm sure it'll look great. Hope that's what you were looking for! x

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the ideas on how to approach The Naked Palette. I will definitely use them. And the beauty sages are right. I currently use a purple Smashbox eyeliner (and sometimes a deep blue) and the purple and the deep midnight blue give my green eyes depth and make them "pop".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...