Ginger Sparkles at The Body Shop!

Saturday, December 8, 2012




On my very first foray into the fragrant world of The Body Shop, I came out with a few stunners that I couldn't help but wax poetic on in my latest haul and favorites videos.  It's safe to say that I am properly hooked by the zesty Ginger Sparkle range that The Body Shop has brought out, just in time for the holidays.  So much so that I couldn't keep them to myself any longer, and have decided to dedicate a blog post solely to the scent!

Now, let me start off by saying that if you are a fellow ginger lover like me, or if you really enjoy fresh or citrusy scents, then you really shouldn't pass up an opportunity to smell anything from this line.  As I've tried to describe it before, this gingery fragrance reminds me a lot of the freshly sliced ginger that comes alongside wasabi with any sushi order.  It's fresh, zingy, and almost floral.  The lasting power is not great, but I've simply fallen in love with this fragrance, enough to excuse the fact that I have to reapply the hand cream more often than I'd like to maintain the scent.

Available from The Body Shop in this line are a few gift sets, a hand wash, some lip balm, bath crystals, body polish, and of course a body butter.  I purchased the shower gel and the hand cream (which no longer appears on the website??), and I have to say, they are my two favorite items that I received in my entire Body Shop order.

The hand cream, if you can locate it, is definitely a no-miss item in my eyes.  It's moisturizing, sinks in quickly, and isn't all that greasy.  I find the effects to last for about an hour as well, plus it smells like ginger.  Can't go wrong!

And as for the shower gel...we'll just say that I have probably three or four other shower gels in my shower (I know, I have a problem), and for the last three weeks, I've smelled exclusively like ginger post-shower.  It seems that no matter how much I may want to conserve my Ginger Sparkle shower gel, I can't help but reach for it every time I grab my loofah!  It isn't the most moisturizing of shower gels, but the scent lasts on my skin much longer than any other gel I've ever tried.  I think the body butter would be a great accompaniment to the gel for some after shower moisturization, and it's definitely been added to my ever growing Christmas list!


Well, I'm off to revise my letter to the North Pole...


6 comments:

  1. If it wasn't for this post I wouldnt even known the body shop has this winter fragrance... I SO need to check it out!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't this perfect for Christmas? I love the smell, when I went to The Body Shop I fell in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really awesome! I actually didn't know the body shop had fragrances.. I need to get out more. Haha.
    The packaging is really adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Marina I know, it's the best Christmas scent I've come across all holiday season so far! I could literally sit around and just smell it all day. x

    @Gabriele Definitely check it out if you're ever in a Body Shop, it's actually TOO good. x

    @Chrissy, I love the happy little gingerbread man, he's very festive! By fragrance I just meant the scent of the product line. Oh, actually after a quick check, it seems they do have actual perfumes as well, who knew! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet they smell amaze! :)
    Great post Xx

    http://al-shamamakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...