The Double Drugstore Dupe!!

Monday, November 19, 2012




Burt's Bees Caramel (top), Wet N Wild's Nutmeg (bottom)

That's right!  I found a drugstore dupe for a drugstore product!  *Screams of applause* Oh, thank you, you're too kind, really!  I have to credit my friend Holly who introduced me to this product, so thanks Holly!  Also, let's all try and ignore the fact that the title of this post sounds like the name for a new Nancy Drew novel.

On the serious side tho, I think I may have found the answer to my prayers in Wet N Wild's Natural Blend lip shimmer.  I have always liked the Burt's Bees lip shimmers, and the one I have pictured here is in the shade Caramel, but I always hated having to spend more than $5 on a drugstore lip balm.

It appears that Wet N Wild understood my pain by having created a $2 lip balm that is almost equivalent to its Burt's Bees counterpart!  The swatches on my hand show you what Burt's Bees lip shimmer in Caramel (top) and Wet N Wild's lips shimmer in 103 Nutmeg (bottom) look like when applied.  

I don't believe these shades are exact dupes for each other, but they do look like they've come from the same line of products.  The formulas are almost identical, both being very minty and shimmery.  There is a touch more shimmer in the Wet N Wild tube, but nothing too noticeable.  And as if this couldn't get any better, Wet N Wild give you more product (0.6 g more, to be exact)!

I love these kinds of products because you can just chuck them in your handbag and not think twice about it, but I'm always happy to find a cheaper alternative for a product that I like so that now I can chuck even more into my bag and really not think twice about it!

Hope you found this helpful!

Have you discovered any drugstore dupes lately?


4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this! I too love burts bees but its so expensive! And who doesn't love a goo drug store dupe? haha
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, I'm glad I could help! x

      Delete
  2. I've been dying to try the Burt's Bees lip balms but I'm right there with you on the price thing! I will get one though, just because I really want it. LOL xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love the idea behind the company, but sometimes it just feels wrong to spend so much on a drugstore lip balm. Not that I don't love them! x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...