Hurricane Sandy Was a Bitch

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Just a quick update!  

I am home in New Jersey now, and if you've heard anything about the hurricane that hit the northeast United States earlier this week, then you might have heard that almost 2 million people are without power in my state alone!  My house in particular has no power, no hot water, and NO HEAT.  We're getting pretty nippy over here, but thankfully we've found some friends who luckily have not lost any power whatsoever.  Our power is expected to come back on on November 9th, another week from now!

I thought I might include some Before and After pictures, just for comparison, but the way things look now is kind of depressing.  There is limited amounts of gasoline so there are 10 gallon limits at all gas pumps (and the lines at each pump are at least a mile long!), trees older than my grandparents are lying straight across roads, traffic lights are out, and whole towns are in the dark.  The only good to come out of this is that we are getting to spend tons of time with friends and loved ones, and I for one will never complain about that!

I thought I'd leave you with some positive images from my town before it went to shit.  I just felt like there were enough pictures of destruction circulating, and I didn't want the only pictures of New Jersey that people see to be sad and depressing!  Btw, I am from up north in New Jersey, and thankfully nowhere near the Jersey Shore (which got decimated).

So here is the positive note I am ending on.  I had originally taken these photos because I wanted to make a post about how much I love Autumn, but now I think these pictures just serve as a happy reminder of how our town was pre-Sandy.  

I hope you understand that it might be a little more difficult for me to blog this week, but I will definitely try, because it is my new favorite hobby!




2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I hope you've gotten power back! I was stuck in the same situation! I'm on Long Island, and it was horrible. There were trees down across roads everywhere, and going on two weeks without power around here!

    PS- Such a coincidence - we've got the same name, and same love for England.

    - Newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayy fellow anglophile! Thanks for reading my blog! I hope your power comes back on soon tho. xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...