Holiday Party Lips! MAC Cockney

Saturday, November 17, 2012


MAC's Cockney lipstick holds a special place in my heart, as it was the first ever MAC lipstick I purchased.  I've had it in my collection for a little over two years now, and it manages to slip through the cracks every once in a while when I fall in love with a newer lipstick purchase, but I always seem to dig it out just in time for holiday party season because it is quite honestly the perfect Christmas lipstick.

It is a lustre finish so it has high shine and gloss.  MAC describes it as a yellow red, but the best part about it is the glitter (a bit hard to see in the picture, apologies)!  I don't know about you, but a shiny red lip with gold flecks just screams Christmas party, no?  The longevity is not as great as some other MAC lipsticks, but when I'm at holiday parties, I'm usually too busy stuffing my face and drinking a ton of cider to be worried about my fading lip color anyway!

Oooh, I almost forgot to mention the best part: No lip liner required!  I apply this straight onto the lips without any problems with bleeding or what have you.  Quite a plus, especially for touch ups on the go!

I neglected to take a picture of the tube itself, but quite honestly, if you've seen one MAC lipstick tube, you've seen them all (barring the special collections).  Cockney is a part of MAC's permanent range and is a really great choice for a wearable statement lip, especially now that it's party season!  It retails at $15 USD and can be found here.

Do you have any favorite holiday lip colors?



4 comments:

  1. You were right! This shade is gorgeous! And so sparkly!! I think I'm gonna look into this!

    Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it! It's my favorite red :)

      Delete
  2. That colour is amazing but too bad it won't look good on me... :) Lovely blog and reviews,followed you:)

    http://theotherside-bg.blogspot.co.uk

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...