Caudalie's Supremely Beautiful Beauty Elixir

Tuesday, November 27, 2012


Well, after a short break, I'm back!  And let me tell you, this weekend has taken a toll on me!  I got to visit with my family for the holiday, and we had a really nice, relaxing Thanksgiving, but it was right back to work for me on Friday.  If you're reading this from outside of the United States, you may not be familiar with the concept of Black Friday (which should basically be called "Black Weekend" at this point), so allow me to explain.

Black Friday is a day during which many retailers hold steep sales on their merchandise, which makes people who are already thinking about Christmas presents go a bit apeshit.  People line up outside stores like Macy's and Target on Thursday night with Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing still fresh in their bellies, just to make sure that they get the best deals on the best products before they sell out.  Some people choose not to brave the crowds, but me?  I was stuck ringing up all those sales at the cash register.  

See, I work at Aveda, and even though we didn't really have any Black Friday deals going, we still got an inordinate amount of sales this past Friday.  Which is great, really, but I was working 8-hour days all weekend, and wound up with a terrible cold that has left me without a voice.  ANYWAY, long story short, I'm sick, so that's why I haven't been blogging.

But onto the product review before I have to get ready to go back into work again!  I finally bought the Caudalie Beauty Elixir from Sephora on Friday after having heard about it for months on Youtube and beauty blogs.  I had a very vague idea about what it was supposed to do, and even after using it for several days, and loving the effects, it's still hard to put into words exactly what it does.

It promises a smooth, glowing complexion on the bottle, and Caudalie's website even claims that the elixir can help tighten pores and add radiance.  As you may have been warned by the beauty gurus of youtube, the smell will not be for everyone.  Its natural list of ingredients include grape, rose and mint, however when all is said and done, the product will not appeal to everyone.  I highly recommend sniffing before buying.

That being said, the beauty elixir offers the user quite a luxurious experience.  I spray it on before my moisturizer day and night, as directed, and have definitely noticed a difference in my skin.  I don't really understand how the product does what it does, and I wouldn't want to even try and guess.  All I can say is that I will definitely be saving up for the 100mL size because my face feels amazing.  My skin feels balanced, definitely smoother, less oily, but not too dry, and very very soft.  You couldn't even tell I was sick by looking at my skin!  I don't know how Mathilde Thomas did it, but she created a wonder product, and another Caudalie convert.


Have you tried the beauty elixir yet?  What are your impressions?  Any other miracle face products you've discovered that you feel like sharing?


Thanks for hanging in there with me!




2 comments:

  1. LOVELOVELOVE the beauty elixir, onto my fourth bottle. It's quite pricey, but I find it worth the splurge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just?? I can't explain why I love it, I just do! x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...