And I'm Back! With Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation

Friday, November 9, 2012

And we're baaaack!

Apologies for the blip in posting, but as I explained before, we had a hurricane followed swiftly by a snowstorm that knocked our power and heat out for just over a week.  But we're back up, and I have been itching to post for a while, so here goes!






It's time for me to jump on the bandwagon.  A few months back, you couldn't help but hear people talking about Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation all over Youtube and beauty blogs alike.  I gave in to the hype and purchased my own, but it was way too light when it arrived (I got mine in Soft Beige).  My skin has since lost most of its summer glow, so I've been getting to test it more and more recently.

The foundation promises an anti-fatigue effect and a radiant glow, and it really does deliver!  It's still a touch too light for me, so I've been applying it down the center of my face as a sort of highlight, and wearing a darker foundation around the edges.  There are almost imperceptible little glittery specks in the foundation, which help to deliver on Rimmel's promise of a radiant glow, and the coverage is moderate to full on me, which somehow really does make me look more awake!  Plus, the foundation is long wearing and stayed on throughout and following a seven hour shift at work yesterday!

I love that you don't need a lot of it either.  It comes with a snazzy little pump, and one full squeeze is about all I use.  I find that the best brush to apply it with is a buffing brush, as it makes the finish even more flawless.  My brush of choice is the Expert Face brush by Real Techniques.

I need to pace myself with this product because it's really hard to get in the States, but I just love wearing it!  I got mine from Feel Unique where it retails for $14.00 USD.

The only thing I can even think to complain about is the shade selection, as there are very few, but other than that, it's a perfect product!  Definitely my new favorite foundation.


Let me know what you think of this if you try it out?  What is your favorite foundation?


Laters!



2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...