A Very Daring Lip Trio! Featuring MAC Cosmetics

Tuesday, November 20, 2012










Earlier this summer, I was battling a harsh bout of poison ivy, not to mention a crippling case of nerves, so I figured I could use some well-deserved retail therapy.  I've always liked the color orange, as it makes me think of warmth and happiness, plus I didn't own any orange lip colors, so for me that was as good an excuse as any to run out and purchase a lip liner, lipstick and lipgloss combo that turn the word bright into an understatement!

After a few minutes of testing various lip shades, the very enthusiastic and helpful makeup artist at MAC came up with this great lip trio for me.  Included are a lip pencil in "Entertain Me!", MAC;s infamous lipstick in "Morange" and limited edition lipglass in "Riviera Life" from MAC's Hey Sailor collection (you may still be able to find it here).  The lipglass is super pigmented, and can even be worn on its own.  In true MAC style, the colors are vibrant, long lasting, and utterly fab!

In the end, I probably should have listened to my friend who was with me, when she asked if I thought I should skip on the lip liner.  As it turns out, it doesn't really do much of anything, but I still wear it under the lipstick just to avoid any potential bleeding and to make the orange stay in place.

This trio turned out to do just the trick, and made me happier just looking at it!  I don't find many occasions to wear bright orange lips out, but when I think I can get away with it, you can bet I'll be wearing this trio.  I'll tell you something else, it makes quite a splash on nights out!


What are some of your favorite, more daring lip colors?  I'd love to hear about them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...