My 14 Travel Beauty Essentials!!

Friday, October 12, 2012





Yesterday I packed my things and took an early afternoon train into Manhattan to meet up with my little sister and some friends of our's for dinner and a bit of a reunion.  I had to pack light, as there's nothing worse than lugging a heavy shoulder bag all over New York City and its subway system, plus I was only staying the one night.  I thought it might be of interest to see what I brought with me, makeup-wise, so I snapped some photos!

There's nothing worse than being shiny, and having to stay that way!  This powder is absolutely perfect for matting down the face.

This brush came with me because it can be used to apply both the pressed powder, and my contour.  Dual use products are always travel friendly!

Perfect for throwing over naked lips, or on top of a lipstick.  Versatility is key in determining what lip products I bring with me on a trip.

I very rarely leave out highlighter in my makeup routine, as I feel it's a nice step to finish with and it makes everything else I applied to my face to look a bit more amplified.  If I'm wearing foundation, I'm wearing a highlighter, and while MAC's Strobe Cream can be worn under makeup as well, I find it's also very effective when applied on top of it.

5. MAC's Studio Sculpt Concealer in NW25 (no longer available)
I can never predict when a pimple is just going to pop up on my face, so I never travel without a full coverage concealer.  This one I find is ideal for small areas, but looks a bit obvious (and feels a bit heavy) if applied to larger areas of the face.  Perfect for covering up a spot, though.

My lips can get very dry at night, especially after brushing my teeth and washing my face, so I always travel with a chapstick or a lip balm.  This one is in a sample size, so it's perfect to travel with as it takes up a minimal amount of space and contains no color in the product.  It is essentially a very hard working lip balm in stick form that heals and moisturizes.

A very natural looking and easily blended eye pencil.  I don't care to be too dramatic with my eye makeup when I'm applying it in someone else's bathroom, so I skipped the eyeshadow and simply applied this subtle brown liner for a more natural and easygoing effect.

My eyes look best with more defined lashes (as my own are naturally light brown and hard to see), so I always carry a mascara when traveling.  The Falsies is a great choice for people who need a bit of extra length and thickness.  It can be layered to create a more dramatic effect, but can also be applied sparingly for those who like the natural look.

My go-to contour color.  It is a bit warm, but it has absolutely no shimmer in it which makes it ideal for defining the cheekbones and the jaw.

10. Basic Spooly
I couldn't be bothered to bring an eyebrow kit with me when traveling, but to make sure I don't look like a hairy ogre with caterpillars for eyebrows, I just brush them through with this and I'm good to go!

Easy enough to apply with fingers, plus the bottle is plastic which makes it a great travel item!  You'd have to try to break this bottle, and the cap screws on tight, so there's almost no chance of spillage.

Bright lip colors are a no-no for me when I'm away from my makeup collection, as I have to be in the right mood to wear them.  This color is the perfect nude, and makes it easy enough to just apply and go without the fear of smudging or disappearing color.

A dark, fruity, powdery scent that is nice for wearing this time of year.  It's not my favorite, but it's a small bottle that is portable and thus travel-friendly.

I did a full review on this in my last post (clicky!).  This is also a versatile product as it can be worn either on the lips or the cheeks.  I use this for blush, and I apply it with my fingers so there's no need for me to bring an extra brush!

And yes, that is what I brought with me for my overnight NYC trip!  I can't believe I forgot my Bobbi Brown corrector in Peach, but as it happened, I was alright without it for one day (gasp!).

What are some of your go-to travel beauty essentials?  What products would have to come with you, no matter what?


Thanks for reading!  Laters!!


Amelia xx



2 comments:

  1. I always bring my eyelash curler and Benefit cream blusher with me :) Stila Convertible Colour seems like a really cool product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll ever travel again without a cream blush. They're just so handy! xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...