My Lips But Better!! MAC Kinda Sexy

Wednesday, October 3, 2012



MAC "Kinda Sexy" alone
How I wear it: with Clinique Quickliner for Lips in "01 Lipblush" and NYX lipgloss in "Smokey Look"



Hello chummies!

I recently picked up a new lipstick from MAC, and I've begun to really favor it lately so I thought I'd share it with the members of the beauty blogosphere!  I hadn't heard much about it until recently, but it's called Kinda Sexy, and has a matte finish, described by MAC as a "neutral pinky-rose".  And even though the matte lip look isn't my favorite, it's nice to have the option, especially if I'm having a very dramatic/shimmery eye day.

I have basically dubbed this color the "my lips but better" color for girls with medium/tanned skin.  I have seen Sammi from beautycrush and Grace from uglyfaceofbeauty both use this color with nice results.  And while I'm not the exact shade of tan that either of them are, it does work quite well for me.  I have included a picture of it here with just Kinda Sexy on my lips, along with a picture of how I usually wear it out.

The texture is very creamy, and for a matte color, doesn't really dry the lips out.  I really like the color, but find it works best for me with a gloss on top.  I know it doesn't really make sense that I bought a matte lipstick just to throw some shimmer on top of it, but I don't really have any other nudey lip colors, so this is just what I do if I feel like having shimmery nude lips.  Plus, it adds to the versatility of the color!  It works well in the daytime or at night, which is always appreciated in a lip color.

Overall I am extremely satisfied with this purchase, and I can see myself wearing this well into the colder months for a more subdued or natural look.  I was told by a saleswoman that this color is only available at MAC stores (meaning it's not carried at MAC counters) and retails at $15.00 USD.

What are some of your favorite nude or "your lips but better" lip colors?

Again, thank you so much for reading!

Laters!


Amelia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...