LUSH Brazened Honey Fresh Face Mask

Monday, October 1, 2012




Hello my dear chums,

If you've read my latest haul post, you'll know that I recently bought this fresh face mask from LUSH (a company that specializes in all natural bath and body products).  I've heard so many people gushing about the LUSH face masks for years, and now that I have finally gotten to try one for myself, I'm happy to report only good news!  If you are unfamiliar with this product, it is basically an all natural blend of nuts, plants, and oils (and a couple other ingredients) that you apply to your face weekly.  LUSH do a nice range of these face masks so that people with all skin types can find their perfect fit.  Brazened Honey in particular is suited for people with duller skin.

The first time I applied this mask, however, I have to say I was very underwhelmed.  The mask boasts a claim to help skin "in serious need of a boost", but in fact, it seemed to do nothing at all for my face.  Not being one to give up so quickly, I tried it again a week later, and I was surprised to find my original opinions doing a complete 180.  After washing the mask off of my face the second time, I noticed an improved look and feel to my skin.  My face was noticeably brighter, and smoother to the touch, which I was more than pleased with.  I have a feeling this is one of those products you have to use over time to see better results with (at least for me).  I can say with confidence that this has actually become the most visibly effective mask I have ever used!

When using it, you may find the texture a bit strange (I know I did!).  The sensation is what I would imagine smearing porridge all over your face might feel like, a very cold porridge at that!  It was really nice to see and feel the ground almonds in the mask, as you feel like you're doing good things for your skin.  As it dries, the mask may get a bit flaky, and a few pieces of it might fall off, so be sure and use it in the bathroom, or a room where floor clean up is not a chore!  I was instructed by the very lovely saleswoman that in order for the mask to be most effective, when you go to wash it off you should wet your face enough so that the mask becomes more of a scrub, allowing you to rub it into your skin before finally rinsing it off.  

A few notes: 
1. This mask is most definitely not suitable for those of you with sensitive skin!  The fruit juices and the ginger in it may sting your skin (I have borderline sensitive skin, and this does sting a bit on me).
 2. Because of the fresh ingredients in these face masks, you have to store them in the fridge, and you must use them up within 3 weeks of the purchase date.
3. If I could describe the scent, the best that I can come up with is that it smells almost exactly the way a LUSH store smells.  That really natural, kind of fruity/honey/nutty scent.  It is kind of strong, so definitely smell it before you buy it.

Well, I think that's it!  If I missed anything, please do let me know.

Have any of you tried the LUSH face masks before?  I'd love to know which ones!  I have five empty pots now, which means I get a free fresh face mask on my next visit (as a part of their recycling program)!  I haven't decided which one I'll be getting yet, but you'll be sure and hear about it from me when I do!

Until next time.  Laters!

Amelia xx

4 comments:

  1. This is such an excellent review, thank you! I am definitely following your blog - your sense of beauty is amazing!

    www.missiffa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, so glad you liked it! xx

      Delete
  2. I probably will not try this, I have crazy sensitive skin - it's a nuissance honestly.

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, no I definitely would steer clear of this if I were you! I know how hard it can be trying to find skin care products for sensitive skin (both my mom and sister have veeerrry sensitive skin). I've heard that LUSH's BB Seaweed is good for sensitive skin, but as I haven't tried it myself, I can't say definitively either way. xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...