Love, Lettuce Be True to One Another!

Monday, October 22, 2012






So it appears I'm on some sort of unconscious quest to test out all of the fresh face masks that Lush has to offer!  Last week, I traded in five empty black pots for a free face mask, as part of Lush's recycling program, and I chose Love Lettuce on the saleswoman's recommendation.  She told me it could help with the dull skin I had mentioned I was experiencing, and that it was what she used to keep her skin bright.

According to Lush, this mask is their most exfoliating.  It contains ground almonds which act as natural scrubbers, and help to clear away dead skin buildup.  Honey is also listed as an ingredient, and if any of you have ever made a homemade face mask that contains honey, you'll know that your face gets super glowy as a result!  They also say that Love Lettuce is ideal for all skin types, and I wouldn't argue with them on that.  I have borderline sensitive skin, and found all of the ingredients very soothing.

Upon opening the container, I was hit with quite an unexpected scent.  The green mask smelled very strongly of lavender, and while initially I found it off-putting, it has grown on me quite a bit since.  In my review of Brazened Honey (click!), my first ever Lush face mask, I mentioned that the texture was reminiscent of cold porridge.  Love Lettuce is completely different, in that it has a much smoother application, and bits of it will definitely not fall off your face!  Both of these masks contain ground almonds, but Love Lettuce's ingredient list is missing the potentially stinging fruit juices that Brazened Honey contains.  It feels almost like a gel when applied, and because you have to keep them in the fridge, I find it's very soothing and cooling.  Definitely a better choice for people with sensitive skin.

In terms of effectiveness, I think this mask works best when you apply a thicker layer of it.  The first time I used it, I was a bit stingy and only applied a thin, transparent layer.  I didn't see the kind of results I was anticipating, so I made sure to use a nice thick slather of it the second time.  And what a difference that made!  I was so impressed with the brightness levels of my skin, that this mask has surpassed Brazened Honey in my book (and I loved that mask).

As the mask dries, it may pull on the skin a little bit, however it's important to remember that this mask isn't supposed to dry completely.  I left it on for the recommended 10ish minutes, and found that a perfect amount of time required to see great results.  When washing it off, I used the technique I was taught by the woman who sold me Brazened Honey, which was to get the mask wet and rub it into your face as though it were a scrub, and THEN wash it off.  This works well because of the ground almonds.

After the final traces of the mask were washed off, I applied my nighttime moisturizer as usual and could definitely see a noticeable difference in my skin's smoothness and brightness levels.  I think it's safe to say it's love (pun intended)!


What is your favorite Lush fresh face mask?  If you haven't tried any, what's your favorite face mask in general?


Laters!




4 comments:

  1. I've never tried a Lush face mask!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!!

    Really love your style and posts!!

    A blog like this deserves following!

    Hope to see you back on mine for a peek :)

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost bought this today! Unfortunately the store was out. Great review though! I'm definitely going back to get it in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so lovely. The smell? Not my cup of tea, but it definitely floated my sister's boat. It's not shy on the lavender! x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...