11 Random Facts and an Award

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Yesterday I was nominated by the gorgeous Yewizzy over at She Loves the Finer Things for the Liebster Award!  It was really sweet of her to mention me in her post, and I'm happy to accept.



Liebster in German means something along the lines of dearest, or sweetest, which is so nice!  The rules for accepting are that you must provide 11 random facts about yourself, and answer the 11 questions that the blogger who nominated you has set out for you.  You must then nominate 11 more bloggers (which I've done near the end of this post) who have less than 200 readers, and create 11 new questions for them to answer should they choose to accept the award.  Not the easiest task in the world!

So here goes, 11 random facts!


1. I drink at least two cups of coffee every morning.
2. In terms of makeup, I was a late bloomer.  I didn't start wearing eyeshadow until right before my 20th birthday!
3. I studied Anthropology for my BA.
4. I love to laugh!  The most popular genre of "music" on my iPod is Comedy (Patton Oswalt, Lewis Black, Mitch Hedberg, to name a few...).
5. I am from a very mixed background.  My ancestry reaches back to Ireland, Mexico, Germany, West Africa, Alabama, and the Taos Native American tribe.  Also, I more recently discovered that my great-great grandfather was Jewish, and gave the family our apparently Jewish surname.
6. I looooove soccer (or football, as it's called in every other country in the world).  I wholeheartedly support the Spanish national team in world tournaments (and yes, I was a fan way back in 2006 before they even became world champs, and European champs twice over!), and Real Madrid in club tournaments.
Super happy in my Casillas jersey the day Spain won this year's Euro Cup!
7. I have one sister who is three and a half years younger than me.
8. I have always been a very shy person, but college has helped me to come out of my shell quite a bit.
9. I worked on an archaeological dig for three weeks in New Mexico, two summers ago.
10. I was recently diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, which basically means I worry constantly about anything and everything that pops into my head.
11. And finally, I am randomly really good at learning languages.  I have a good handle on Spanish, and took a few semesters of German in college, aber ich weiss es nicht gut!


And of course, my answers to the 11 questions!

1. How did you come up with your blog name?
There was a post on Tumblr once that said, "I'm basically British, except for the fact that I'm not British."  Well, I'm not basically British, but I wish I was.  I always feel like I was born with the wrong accent, because literally the vast majority of the books I read, the television and movies I watch, the music I listen to and the blogs and youtubers I follow are all British.  I love everything to do with the UK, I just happen not to be from there.

2. What's your favorite thing to do besides blogging?
Besides researching, buying and blogging about beauty products, I really enjoy music.  I've been slowly learning the guitar on my own for the past four years, because I wanted to be able to accompany myself while singing.

3. What one beauty product could you not live without?
Without my Mixed Chicks leave-in conditioner, my hair would stick straight out, and I would have no friends.

4. If you were stuck on an island and could request three things, what would they be?
Jensen Ackles, Iker Casillas, and no foreseeable escape.

5. What is your biggest fear?
Have you got three hours?  'Cos my fears can cover several composition notebooks, front to back.  My biggest one right now is definitely death because it's unknown (wow, this took a morbid turn right away).  To quote Lewis Black, "I'm sticking with the known!"

6. If you could live in any city in the world, which would it be?
I'll give you three guesses.  It starts with L...ends with on...and it ain't Lisbon!  No, but in all seriousness, if all goes to plan, I will be sitting in a little London flat this time next year!

7. If you won the lottery, what would you spend it on?
My family, the homeless, and a new wardrobe.  Then spread the rest out among hunger relief causes.

8. Trousers or skirts?
I very rarely wear either.  I am a dress girl all the way!

9. Pajamas or night shirts?
Definitely night shirts!  I haven't the time nor the patience to match up my tops to my bottoms when I'm dragging myself to bed.

10. What is the best thing about blogging?
Definitely the community!  I love being able to get recommendations off of people, because I'm always on the lookout for the next miracle product.

11. What's your favorite handbag designer?
To be completely honest, I don't actually own any handbags *shock horror!*  I've never really been much for fashion, nor have I ever really seen the appeal in spending a ton of money on a bag, but the ones from Zara seem pretty nice.

I nominate the following bloggers!
Aley at A-Hearts
Alizze at Alizzet101
Liyana at Liyana's Advice
Nikki at Nikkiloub
The sisters at PrettySquared
Shabna at ScheineBeauty
Danielle at DanielleSouza

My 11 questions for those I've nominated:

1. Why did you first get into blogging?
2. If money were no object, what is the next beauty product you would purchase?
3. What is your number one Holy Grail product?
4. If you could only buy your makeup from one brand for the rest of your life, which brand would it be?
5. Do you know any languages other than your mother tongue?
6. Who is your ultimate beauty or fashion idol?
7. What is your favorite childhood movie?
8. If you knew that today was your last day on Earth, what would you eat as your last meal?
9. What is your favorite eyeshadow color to wear?
10. What is your favorite makeup trend this season?
11. What is your most repurchased beauty product?


Thanks again to Yewizzy, and look forward to hearing your answers to everything!


Laters!




7 comments:

  1. HAHA! Love your answers..Thanks for accepting my nomination :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for nominating me !!
    xoxo

    1. Why did you first get into blogging? I've been following blogs since a while now , and as a beauty junky i felt like sharing my thoughts on beauty products as well

    2. If money were no object, what is the next beauty product you would purchase?
    i will have to cheat on this one and say The Michael kors rose gold watch even do it's not a beauty product lol

    3. What is your number one Holy Grail product? My chanel mat Lumière foundation

    4. If you could only buy your makeup from one brand for the rest of your life, which brand would it be? Mac cosmetics

    5. Do you know any languages other than your mother tongue? I do , I speak French and Dutch

    6. Who is your ultimate beauty or fashion idol? Kim Kardashian , i love her style , she's so classy and chic !

    7. What is your favorite childhood movie? i never was a huge fan of movies , i can't remember

    8. If you knew that today was your last day on Earth, what would you eat as your last meal? Anything JUNK FOOD lol

    9. What is your favorite eyeshadow color to wear? For fall Brown eyeshadows ( mac mystery , handwritten and brown down are my faves ! )

    10. What is your favorite makeup trend this season? Wine-ish plum lips

    11. What is your most repurchased beauty product? Mac Smolder eye khol , Pro longwear foundation and the Chanel mat Lumière foundation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks for answering! I too love the wine lips this season, I've bought like three new lipsticks that are almost the same color! xx

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the nomination so sweet, the sisters sounds funny but love it hehe we're getting swamped with work and finals for school but can't wait to complete the Liebster questions

    Miranda and Mackenzie | Pretty Squared

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to read your responses! xx

      Delete
  4. I'm a football fan, so I'm really happy to see other girls out there who love the sport. Yes, we are girls and we understand football! :) Did you know that Iker Casillas is my favorite footballer in the world? He's the best goalie and captain. You looked pretty wearing that jersey, anyway. I also have the same jersey.:D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...