The Stir Crazy Hurricane Wish List

Tuesday, October 30, 2012




Well friends, I'm currently inside riding out the remnants of a hurricane that has left many places severely flooded and me severely stir crazy.  I've been staying with friends the past few days, but I'm headed back home tomorrow, where apparently there is no power or hot water, so I'm getting in all the showers and internet time I can today!  There's nothing like being stuck inside for 36 hours to get the imagination going and make you remember all the nice things you've been pining for, so without further ado, I give to you my Hurricane Wish List!

1. Pins and Needles Sweetheart Lace Dress: I love feminine styles like this that cinch the waist and flow out at the hips.  Plus, the lace sleeve is just such a nice detail.  I tend to wear dresses most days, and I could see myself getting a lot of use out of this one.

2. Jeffrey Campbell Mattie boot: I don't currently own any pairs of lace up boots, and these immediately caught my eye.  I love the edgy but still feminine look, and because I wear a lot of dresses, I think these would go really well with some of them and add the perfect amount of rock 'n' roll that I'm looking for!

3. LUSH Let the Good Times Roll face cleanser: I apparently cannot have enough face cleansers this year, and because this one is only around for Christmas, I want it even more!  I've had my eye on it from the day Lush's Christmas line was announced, and since then it's gotten a ton of rave reviews.  Plus, it has popcorn in it, so I mean...yes!

4. H&M Basic Black Sweater: My closet is severely lacking in basic staples like this.  This sweater could really help me out on days where planning my outfit is either impossible or just too much effort! 

5. Origins Drink Up Intensive overnight mask: Ever since I heard Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup talk about it, this mask has been at the top of my wish list.  My skin gets gradually drier in the autumn and winter months, and I have faith that this could really help restore my skin's moisture.  Plus, I've heard it smells like peaches and apricots!

6. Korres Cheek Butter in Rosy Pink: I swatched this when I went into Sephora the other day to pick up my Korres lip butter in Quince.  It was extremely pigmented and a really nice consistency, so I knew I'd have to pick one some time in the future.  I've had a lot of luck with almost all of the other Korres products that I've tried, and I have no doubt that this will do me just fine as well!

7. Soap & Glory No Clogs Allowed face mask: I've gone a little face mask crazy of late, however this is the most recent one that's wound up on my radar.  I haven't heard much about it, but I read some customer reviews on it, and they were all pretty positive.  It is self-heating, which intrigues me, and because I suffer from black heads from time to time, I'd like to have a product that I can use to just head them off whenever they show up, so that they don't  become a bigger problem.

8. Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Complexion Primer Potion: I've recently tackled my dull skin issue and have basically gotten that under control, so I figured it was time to address my next problem which is visible pores.  I realize that this product will only mask the problem, not fix it, but in the meantime whilst I try and get to the root of my very visible pores, I can at least experience what life would be like without them showing through my makeup!


Have you ever tried any of these products, and what do you think of them?  What products are on your current wish lists?


If you were anywhere near the path of this crazy hurricane, I hope you made it through alright.  Some of the worst parts hit were New York City and New Jersey, both of which I will be going back to tomorrow.  I am currently in Washington, DC and we're out of the woods now and luckily never lost power.  Wherever you are, I hope everything is good!


Laters!



3 comments:

  1. those jeffrey campbell boots are awesome! nice picks :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. To reply to the comment you left on my post - MAC has been animal testing in China for over a year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...