Boots Botanics Organic Face Super Balm Photos + Review!!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012




Hello chummies!

So apparently I was one of the last to know that good old Target now carries No7 and other Boots products (a quick Google search told me this was news back in 2007, yikes!), but I had my own little party regardless.  I'm not sure how on Earth I had missed the Boots section in the past, but now that I've found it, I made sure to buy and try a varied sample of the products offered.

Now, I will just start by saying that my skin has been a bit indecisive of late.  It can't choose between normal, oily or combination, so I'm left with an oily center, a few completely normal bits, and the odd dry patches.  It is for the dry patches that I purchased the Face Super Balm (pretty superhero-ey name, no?).  Now, I'm not sure why I thought this, but I was under the impression that this product would smell like oranges.  I don't know if it was the packaging, or what, but in reality it smells like absolutely nothing.  Not the worst thing it could smell like, mind you!

In terms of effectiveness, I would have to grant it full marks.  It shoots moisture exactly where you apply it, and definitely leaves the skin less flaky.  Where it gets a little confusing is in the "where do I apply this?" department.  On Boots' website, they claim that this shea butter and argan oil balm is ideal for use on elbows and knees.  Hold on, isn't this called a FACE Super Balm??

The bottom line is, wherever you apply this, you'll get a nice surge of added moisture.  I have been dabbing it around my eye area at night to see if it could act as my new eye cream.  For obvious reasons, I wouldn't use this during the day, however the balm does seem to be improving my under eye area a tiny bit.  My dark circles are not as noticeable, and while this may just be down to better eating and more sleep, I wouldn't put it past the magic of the Super Balm!  I have also been applying this in between my eyebrows where I get inexplicably dry this time of year.  It has made the area noticeably smoother after only a short time, and I have less visible flaky skin (gross, I know).

While this may just seem like a souped up version of petroleum jelly (it certainly carries a heftier price tag at $8.99 for just 15g/0.52 oz!), it is definitely not as greasy.  It also contains some things called "active plant extracts" which make it a little rougher than vaseline, and which give it a milk-in-hot-tea appearance (you know, when the milk becomes like undissolved bits?).  I haven't been able to fully discover what exactly the appeal is behind the active plant extracts, but I can imagine it has something to do with the organic-ness of the product, ie; it contains very little to no synthetic ingredients (it does say "95% organic" on the label).  It washes off easily in the morning with even a gentle cleanser, and doesn't leave you overly oily nor disappointingly dry.  Additionally, a little goes a very long way, and although this is a decidedly small product, I'm sure it will see me through this winter, if not through the next one as well!


What products have you found that work best for dry patches?


Laters!



15 comments:

  1. I really like CO Bigelow Salve (natural and effective) although I think it may be discontinued. I swear we have the same skin haha my skin is a mix between really dry and really oily plus the eyebrow flaking ...happening just now that winter started haha

    Following you :)

    http://prettysquared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thanks for the recommendation! I've found it, and it looks like they have a rose scented one? I'm so there! xx

      Delete
  2. hi, i dont comment much οn webpаgеs etc, but
    i love the style you have, very muсh like me

    Here is my hοmepage - summer dress

    ReplyDelete
  3. With constant brushing, as we age, the enamel of our teeth develops mini
    cracks or scratches. Thiis not only helps to get rid of gum problems,
    but also helps to prevent future gum problems. Mouth trays containing teeth gels can be worn throughout the night for optimal result.


    Stop by my web-site :: tooth whitening; ,

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one knew just what the test would be, they merely had these instructions: Choose
    one weapon to take with you in to the arena. But
    the working platform is growing inside fastest way and of
    most vital right now is the Mobile Web and that is now strongly
    inside domain of HTML5 technology only. Clash of Clans Hack clash of clans free gems hack Details: Version: 2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for every other magnificent post.
    The place else may just anybody get that type of information in such a perfect
    way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I
    am at the search for such information.

    Feel free to visit my web site; typing jobs working from home

    ReplyDelete
  6. One year old talking babies or a family of idiots, all of them can make
    you laugh for hours. Getting your bank checks online
    is entirely secure when you use a safe site, and you will have a mixture of check designs to select from.
    Enjoying a cartoon is as simple as renting or buying a DVD and playing it on your player.


    my homepage :: shaun the sheep episodes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts in this kind of house .
    Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this website.
    Studying this information So i'm glad to show that I've an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I discovered exactly
    what I needed. I so much for sure will make certain to don?t omit this web site and provides
    it a look regularly.

    my page: como se reproducen los peces

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kebocoran pre-ejakulasi berasal penis pria ketika mereka terangsang, dan pre-ejakulasi dapat mengandung sperma, yang dapat menyebabkan kehamilan :
    minyak lintah papua
    obat aborsi paling manjur
    Banyak perempuan yang belum siap hamil dengan bermacam alasan. Untuk menghindari kehamilan yang tak terduga, perempuan banyak yang melakukan aneka cara usai bersenggama.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penjual (Distributor Resmi) Vimax Asli Canada yang terpercaya dengan produk unggulan kami yaitu Vimax Asli Canada

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing in this article
    I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
    I hope to read the next your article updates
    OBAT PEMBESAR PENIS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing in this article,wish you all success
    I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
    * klg asli
    * vimax asli

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing in this article,wish you all success
    I can learn a lot and could also be a reference

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...